Quiet, please. Observe strange sounds in Randoooomdadoomdadoom

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the most wonderful dry cough going on right now. :happy:

:angry:

Why is it these things always start up when one tries to go to sleep? :mad:

I can't stop coughing tonight :happy:

I had a migraine for the better part of the day and didn't really feel the effects of the cold while I had it but now that the migraine is gone *cough, gasp, wheeze*

I don't know what I prefer :huh:

I see a native Schmeg a-lurking :wave:

Guilty as charged! :wave:

I've recently discovered the joy and wonder of a laptop much newer than my diseased desktop that I don't even plug in anymore. I unexpectedly got a brand new, very small desktop from my family for Christmas so I won't be such a stranger. :)

I hope everyone has been enjoying their holidays and my Midwestern friends are not too bothered by the crazy weather! Ice storms one day, thunderstorms the next...it's hard to keep up with.

Very nice gift from your family!
It will be nice having you peek in again :)

Holidays good on this end. Yours?
Sick of snow, very sick of snow and guess what it is doing now?
I liked the rain last weekend :up:

OK gonna go curl up in bed with a heating pad to stay warm :wave:

:happy: no one at my work seems to be able to give me an answer on if I have hours or not for the next schedule. I've run out of zantac so they really need to get a move on it because my poor nervous stomach can't take much more waiting. It's supposed to be up by noon on Tuesday no matter what. But it's late this week. Very late :scream:

so my supervisor texted me and said our sous chef did the schedule and put me on for 4 days but then our executive chef, not my chef...he's still in europe, his boss....took the schedule and modified it. So now I'm down to 3 whole days :happy: One of them is Sunday during the Vikings game :happy: :up: I knew I'd get scheduled on Sunday when I saw the game was the 2nd game. :sad: But I guess i'll take $ over watching a football game. :angry:

I can't wait until life gets back to normal at work when my Chef is back and I'm scheduled for 50 hours a week. I hope that happens soon. Well my boss will be back next week but not sure about the hours.

I can't decide if I want to fire up my old computer and update the 'pod or make cds. I always wish I could do these things, mainly the cd thing, in Phx. Then when I'm here I just never get it done. :hmm: Maybe I will turn it on while packing....

I'm taking home 3 things that I did not come here with and they are all bulky items. I wish that damn luggage fee wasn't so much to check a 2nd bag or I would just do that. I already have a backpack and a small bag for carryons. :angry: Sometime in the next year I'd like to figure out where I really want to live so I don't live in 2 places. Six months ago it was MN but right now it's AZ. I guess I don't like things super hot or super cold. Maybe I need to move to San Diego where it's pefect all year and there's water I can look at........

:weird: I'm on my old desktop. I'm use to the flat screen laptops these days so now this screen is very round and I'm having a hard time looking at it :der: It took an hour to fire it up and get itunes to open :happy: Now comes the fun part of getting what I need off of itunes before it blows up on me like it did in August.

For certain reasons I am glad that the year is coming to a close even though those reasons don't look to be much better in the coming year. I'm just hoping that I can maintain better patience in that regard and there are some cool things in store for the future that are work related.

Hey all :wave:
Early wishes for a happy new year :)

arw, Congrats on the 3 days of work :up:
kelly, sounds yummy. Lasagna and cheesecake are on the menu here.
kariann, a toast to a good year for you.

I think it is a Dark Knight night

ARW I'm not even sure then the bowl game actually takes place (seeing as though I am an oddball when it comes to not paying attention to all things OSU when it comes to sports) but you neck of the woods is/will be invaded by Buckeye fans soon.

The Insight bowl was today at ASU (I think :huh: ). All I know is the Gophers played and got their asses handed to them.

The Fiesta Bowl is at Phoenix stadium or whatever it's called. That's where the Cardinals play. It's on Sun or Mon and really not anywhere near home or work so I won't have to deal with that :D

:yawn:
Yes I am a party animal :|
I fell asleep around 10:30, woke up at 11:30. I then nodded off again at 11:50 and jerked awake at 12:02, said happy new year to me and then rolled over and went back to bed................:huh:
New Years is not a big thing with me. Can ya tell?

Safe and easy flight back to Phx, arw.

:wave: randoooomers

So how was the first day of the new year for everyone?
So far so good here :) Work tomorrow and then off the weekend. The weekend ='s goodbye Christmas decorations.

I slept for over 12 hours...:crack:

My sister, her friend, and I were up and at Ikea when the store opened. Plus we had already been to Starbucks. :crazy: I found a few things I liked but one was a display and I could find the actual print....plus there's the whole having zero money thing. But I desperately need another mattress pad for my bed here. After sleeping in my wonderful bed in MN and then coming back to sleeping on a pull out couch for one night, my back is killing me! :scream: The ones they had at Ikea weren't on sale other than for a twin bed :angry: I think maybe a trip to Kohls and the Marshalls home good store is in order for later. Right now I'm snuggled up on the couch with the dog and can't find much reason to move.......

Fuck :angry::mad:

that's the only word I have to use for what just walked through the door.

The houseguest! :angry: GO HOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He went to San Diego on Tues and is already back. Supposedly he has to be in MN by Jan 15th but I don't believe him. Why would anyone want to leave this absolutely gorgeous weather to go back to frozen MN? :angry: I only had one day without him. :angry:

I should have gotten that damn mattress pad at Ikea today. I didn't find anything while shopping this afternoon and now I have to sleep on that damn bed again tonight.

I'm so annoyed that this asshole is back. :angry:

Fuck :angry::mad:

that's the only word I have to use for what just walked through the door.

The houseguest! :angry: GO HOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He went to San Diego on Tues and is already back. Supposedly he has to be in MN by Jan 15th but I don't believe him. Why would anyone want to leave this absolutely gorgeous weather to go back to frozen MN? :angry: I only had one day without him. :angry:
:huh: sorry. :hug:

Would have used the same word

I should have gotten that damn mattress pad at Ikea today. I didn't find anything while shopping this afternoon and now I have to sleep on that damn bed again tonight.

I'm so annoyed that this asshole is back. :angry:

I ended up purchasing a Aerobed this fall and have that on top of my mattress. I need a new bed.........a completely new bed, but didn't want to spend that much money on something right now.............Christmas presents, prescriptions or a new bed........................chose the presents and prescriptions.

The aerobed came in at work and it went on sale really reasonably, the company let us use coupons and increased our employee discount and I purchased a aerobed and I am sleeping so much better now :up:

^ I also need a new mattress. I can literally feel some of the springs poking at me :reject:.

My parents keep saying, "Oh, you need to buy a bigger bed too" (I have a twin, they want me to get a full). I'm thinking, "who is going to pay for this new bigger bed? You?"

I've tried using an aerobed at my sister's place and I always wake up to a partially deflated bed :reject:

I also need to lose weight (a lot) and am thinking about giving weight watchers another go. That's probably the reason for a partially deflated bed.

All I want is some sort of pillow top mattress pad. Ikea has some ranging from reasonable to ridiculous. I can't seem to tell the difference between any of them. My sister informed me after we got back from Ikea that since it's her bed, I don't plan on living with them forever, and I have a queen at home not a full like the one here, she would pay for 1/2. We've done that for a few major items I've needed like a huge fan for my room that's her's to keep when I leave. But I wish she would have told me while at Ikea :sigh: She has to return something she bought there today so I'm going to buy it tomorrow. We looked around today and I just didn't see anything like that. Isn't it how it works? You see what you want at one store but then decide to look around and eventually end up back at the first store. :angry:

I think my sister is also really interested in this purchase for me more than she was a few weeks when I first mentioned it because she had to sleep in my bed this week. The houseguest :mad: was here and the boyfriends kiddies were here so my room was the only place for her. She let me know everyday how much "my" bed sucks. I told her it was her bed and yes it does suck. So now I get a comfy new mattress pad tomorrow and I only have to buy 1/2 :drool:

the boyfriend's fam is coming over on Sun. They're in AZ for whatever reason. I'm not exactly sure who still lives in Northern AZ and who lives in MN. But anyways...I must bake. I'm not sure what but I'm dying to make something. :hmm: Maybe I'll make some truffles....

It is dangerous to watch Diners, Drive-ins and Dives.
I now want Lemon ricotta pancakes with strawberries :drool:

On the other hand watching people eat scrapple had the :sick: effect on me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom