Question for Porcupine Tree Fans+Rant

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rushu2

The Fly
I would really like to get a copy of the song "Drown with Me". But so far, based on my research, the only way I'll be able to obtain it is if I buy an imported copy of "in Abstentia" from a local music chain.

I already own "in Abstentia" and the imported copy is $50. So I'd be spending $50 dollars for 1 song. I'm pretty old school when it comes to buying albums and have always just gone to the record store if I wanted to buy something. Does anyone know of a way to download this song and pay for just this song. I don't have an ipod. Personally, I think if I want this song then I'm just s*****d, so to speak.

Which leads me to my rant. Why do they (PT) release these limited release, mini lp's, etc. why don't they just put the nil recurring stuff on the FoABP and call it "bonus tracks" or something. I get that its a concept album, but I feel like so much of their stuff is for collectors. Maybe all bands are like that, I don't know. What I do know is if there is music out there that I like I should be able to obtain it by paying for it. So many of the albums that I would like to get are "out of print". Why do they need to print anything in this day and age?:madwife:

Last edited:
Post your e-mail address and I'll send you the song. It's one of my favourite PT tracks. Incidentally, if you can somehow find a copy of the Futile EP, it's on that too.

As for why there are so many releases, it's because Steven Wilson is a collector himself. He releases music how he likes other bands to release music, and it helps that a lot of PT fans have similar mindsets. Doesn't work so well for those of us without large bank balances though ...

CrownVCJ said:
Porcupine Tree isn't nearly progressive enough for my tastes

I find them trite and banal

Well aren't you special. :rolleyes:

Thank You everyone! I didn't even think of checking out the "downloads" section of their website to find songs. I kept looking under "albums". I will definintely download the futile EP! And a special thanks to Axver.

Back
Top Bottom