Queer as Folk

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

UnforgettableLemon

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
I'm late to the game since I'm from a homophobic home and have never had showtime, but I discovered the show via netflix. The plot devices are occasionally contrived, but all in all I think there are lot of interesting human stories here. But seriously, there's such a warm humor to the show that's intercut with heavy drama and a few bracing moments of heated violence. Great scope, and I'm not even through with the first season.

:shifty:

Not to mention I have a big honking mancrush on Gale Harold. :drool:

:sexywink:

:up:

One of my favorite shows. Fun, fast, risque and endearing. It definitely can veer toward the cliche, melodramatic and "soap-opera"-ish, but there is definitely :heart: beating at the center of this show.

Seasons 1 & 3 are absoultely BRILLIANT! (Season 3 is a frickin' roller-coaster ride!) Seasons 4 & 5 are very good. And season 2 is :shrug: meh, well, it has its moments.

Unapologetic in its sexual candor and in its unflinching support of homosexuality.

Enjoy the ride.

:up:

one4u2 said:
Amazing show :drool: I miss it and Gale Harold :combust:

Who? This guy?

eaa31f01.jpg

:wink:

So yeah, I was inspired to post this thanks to the Sopranos quiz that popped up. This result could not be farther from the truth, but I did answer honestly.

1075243525_tsQAFbrian.JPG

You're Brian. You sleep around a lot, but care a lot about one of your partners. Unfortunetly not enough to start a relationship. You are very open minded and will try anything. You can be pretty irresponsible sometimes, but in the end you are always there for the ones you care about. You are also very successful, but dream of bigger and better places.

Take this quiz!

http://www.quizilla.com/redirect.php?statsid=18&url=http://www.quizilla.com/]Quizilla[/url] | Join | Make a Quiz | More Quizzes | Grab Code

FitzChivalry said:

:lol: I was being sarcastic. :wink: I don't know anyone, gay, straight, male, female who doesn't think Gale is frickin' hot! :combust:

some of the gayest women i know want to do Gale.

it's a good show. love the fact that it explores everything from gay parenthood and monogamy to casual drug use and even more casual sex. it was never profound, but at least it was frank about the good and the bad, the happy and the sad. it's not the final word on gay life by any stretch of the imagination, and it does emphasize the twinkie/party boy aspect of things a bit more than i was ever comfortable with ... it never reflected *my* exprerience, but then, what does?

oh, and Pittsburgh isn't really like that. it was all filmed in Toronto. clubs like Babylon exist in, like, London, Paris, NYC, Toronto, SF, Berlin ... you get the idea.

FitzChivalry said:
:lol: I was being sarcastic. :wink: I don't know anyone, gay, straight, male, female who doesn't think Gale is frickin' hot! :combust:

I actually saw him in Toronto once. He lived in a duplex where a friend of a friend lived, and we all got so drunk and loud on the roof that he came out and (politely) yelled at us. We certainly deserved it...heh.

Just finished up season two, and I was more impressed than I expected to be. I love the introduction of Ethan and Ben. It was interesting to see Ethan as a sensitive gay man with such a gift for music after seeing the same actor play a womanizing prick on Buffy. I think TV actors really do get overlooked sometimes, especially good character actors.

Actually, in retrospect I'd rank them

I really didn't like 4 much in the end, but 3 I appreciate a good bit. 5 was surprisingly moving, though. Still, the first two seasons were the best.

See, I think Ben was really a great character. Ben more or less saved Michael from a very sad existence. Brian, even at the end of the series, is only inching towards the ability to commit. While I fiercely love his honesty and integrity, and he is my favorite character, Michael is in many ways too good for him.

I also thought Ethan and Justin were incredibly hot together at times, though. Don't tell Brian.

UnforgettableLemon said:
See, I think Ben was really a great character. Ben more or less saved Michael from a very sad existence. Brian, even at the end of the series, is only inching towards the ability to commit. While I fiercely love his honesty and integrity, and he is my favorite character, Michael is in many ways too good for him.

I also thought Ethan and Justin were incredibly hot together at times, though. Don't tell Brian.

True I LOVE Ben and Micheal together...but I love that Brian had this special kind of love for Micheal...It was just sweet!!!...cept went he clobbered him at Mel and Linds wedding:|

I COULDNT STAND JUSTIN :barf:

Im actually watching the show right now on LOGO :)

BonoFox1 said:

I COULDNT STAND JUSTIN :barf:

I know so many people that are down on Justin. Why? He was all right. He wasn't my favorite, but he wasn't horrible either.

Actually, Debbie irked me a hell of a lot more than Justin ever did. She could really get under my skin. THANK GOD I don't have a mother like that!

Or are you talking about Justin's looks? Because I know a few people who dismissed him b/c of his looks.

FitzChivalry said:

I know so many people that are down on Justin. Why? He was all right. He wasn't my favorite, but he wasn't horrible either.

Actually, Debbie irked me a hell of a lot more than Justin ever did. She could really get under my skin. THANK GOD I don't have a mother like that!

Or are you talking about Justin's looks? Because I know a few people who dismissed him b/c of his looks.

Sorry it was just him, ((the character))...Justin...and the REAL bad acting..Im sure he might be a new actor but ...Oh well...

Debbie :barf:...........I couldnt stand her either ..yes she was 100% annoying and NOSEY!!!!!:madspit:

Back
Top Bottom