Q Magazine's 25 Most Pathetic Musicians

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What confuses me is they use the word 'pathetic'. That, to me, implies a lack of quality. Thus, it makes no sense that someone like Brian May, an excellent guitarist, would be on that list while people/bands who are ruining music for all of us, such as Ashlee Simpson and Simple Plan, are rather absent.

Ah well, at least they included Linkin Park and Britney Spears.

yertle-the-turtle said:
[Brian May] had crap hair.

And my opinion on Queen involves the words "dull", "shite" and "70s", but nevermind.

He looks kinda scary in the "Bohemian" video... almost scarier than Freddy Mercury... but Brian May shouldn't be on that list!!

Lou Reed # 1????? As a [20 yr old] New Yorker, I'm insulted! :| I appreciate the Velvet Underground!! :mad:

2 people who shouldn't be on this list:

Beck - like him or not, he's a genius.

Britney Spears - she's not a musician. she's just S**T!!

I guess they don't have the balls to put Liam and Noel on this list. Maybe a year ago they would have considered it.

But those guys are sorry ass douchebags that could easily place in the top 10.

I'm not even going to comment on this list... :madspit:

I mean Brian May, Lou Reed, Morrissey (to name only a few)?? Whatever...

I had a a quick look at that list in the mag itself and there is a small section in there about rocks 'most unlikely hellraisers' and it includes none other than our very own Mr Clayton!

it just talks about his Zoo era stints with alcohol and supermodels ect...

it says he's unlikely because he is from Oxfordshire, middle name Charles and he looks like a Geography teacher.....which i thought was quite funny:wink:

lazarus said:
I guess they don't have the balls to put Liam and Noel on this list. Maybe a year ago they would have considered it.

But those guys are sorry ass douchebags that could easily place in the top 10.

Fucking idiot..the best true rock and roll stars of the last 25 years...easily.

Dont get me wrong, I love Q but... NO LIAM GALLAGHER??

Very strange, they often give him so much shit.

HelloAngel said:
Q is so stereotypically melodramatic British music pub. They fellate the stars on the list to get them on the cover of the magazine, then call them pathetic a month later.

Spot on.

I dunno, I like Q... it's better than most other music magazines out now (NME, for example, is shit) -
I was pretty shocked by Brian May being on the list, he's an amzing guitarist, but I agree with them, they're not saying he not a good musicien, just a crappy "rock-star". I can agree with that, I mean, he's got a degree in astrology or something. He's actually meant to be a real genius when it comes to maths and stuff like that....

Pete Doherty should have made the list, he's a prat.

If they called the list "the most annoying musicians" I would agree with the list (except Mike Mills) and shove Bono on there!:yes:

Back
Top Bottom