Pyongyang, North Korea Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very little irritates me more than people who write 'formally' when they mean 'formerly'. Completely changes the meaning of the sentence!

/fortherecord

Agreed. Though I haven't seen many examples of that mistake.

The hilarious thing is, on some forums (namely BF) so many people spell 'lose' as 'loose'. And my favourite, 'he's' instead of 'his' and 'his' instead of 'he's'.

I see it surprisingly often on railway forums, and I've spotted it a couple of times today on blogs. It's always the old geezers on rail forums too. Don't get it.

Oh, though speaking of railway forums, there is this guy on Railpage Australia who does something that leaves me baffled. He doesn't just capitalise the letter 'i' when he's using the pronoun or the sentence he is writing begins with it. He capitalises EVERY word that starts with 'i'. For example, "that Is a great Idea". His posts are otherwise grammatically decent and he doesn't post much drivel, but I find it impossible to read them if there are too many words starting with 'i'.

Oh, though speaking of railway forums, there is this guy on Railpage Australia who does something that leaves me baffled. He doesn't just capitalise the letter 'i' when he's using the pronoun or the sentence he is writing begins with it. He capitalises EVERY word that starts with 'i'. For example, "that Is a great Idea". His posts are otherwise grammatically decent and he doesn't post much drivel, but I find it impossible to read them if there are too many words starting with 'i'.

I also love it when some People post Like This.

I can handle it when it's seemingly accidental or without any intentional pattern. (Shepp Daniel, mate, you're guilty of this sometimes! :tongue: )

When it's every single bloody instance like I-man over on Railpage ...!

Well, the ads on Mediafire seem to be getting strange and serious. I miss when they used to be hilariously bad "play discreetly" Evony ads, or "Russia woman love Australians!" Today, the ads have been things like "call 911 at the first sign of a stroke" (gee, really?) and one in Spanish about healthy eating via the food groups pyramid thang (no, some kid holding up veggies doesn't make me want to eat them more; it makes me want to eat them less; eww, children).

Well, the ads on Mediafire seem to be getting strange and serious. I miss when they used to be hilariously bad "play discreetly" Evony ads, or "Russia woman love Australians!" Today, the ads have been things like "call 911 at the first sign of a stroke" (gee, really?) and one in Spanish about healthy eating via the food groups pyramid thang (no, some kid holding up veggies doesn't make me want to eat them more; it makes me want to eat them less; eww, children).

Now the Mediafire ads are lying. More than Bono could ever ...

2.jpg

I can't see what the smiley is... But :tongue: anyway. :wink:

I have/had relatives in Winnipeg, they sent me a Winnipeg t-shirt when I was a child. I've always been fond of it in a theoretical sort of way.

Alison, just the person I wanted! Booking Sydney-Brisbane. What do you prefer, 11am or 2pm departure from Sydney?

:indecisive:

And Charlotte's gone to bed so can't ask her ...

Alison, just the person I wanted! Booking Sydney-Brisbane. What do you prefer, 11am or 2pm departure from Sydney?

:indecisive:

And Charlotte's gone to bed so can't ask her ...

Is there a reason why 12 or 1pm isn't an option?

I prefer later, so 2pm gets my vote.

Is there a reason why 12 or 1pm isn't an option?

I prefer later, so 2pm gets my vote.

Yep - they're going to cost $20 more.

What to do with our bags in Sydney though? I'm inclined towards later myself, but that occurred to me. I'm kind of wary after the hotel in Sydney in August charged us to store our bags.

Yep - they're going to cost $20 more.

What to do with our bags in Sydney though? I'm inclined towards later myself, but that occurred to me. I'm kind of wary after the hotel in Sydney in August charged us to store our bags.

That's odd about the flights, they were all the same last week. *shrug*

When do we have to check out of the Syd hotel? I was thinking by the time we all checked out, got to the airport and had lunch, it'd be pretty much time to get on the plane anyway...?

Yeah, we should be fine really. I'll go for the 2pm one ... booking now, will forward you the confirmation e-mail.

I just made a terrible mistake and decided to read the comments on an Age story about the government's latest asylum seeker policy.

I hate to think how much worse it is over on the Hun's site.

By the way, did you know the ENTIRE LATINO POPULATION OF THE USA migrated there illegally? Yep, that's the sort of incredible wisdom you can learn from these erudite commenters!

Lots of bogan commentary I assume?

Was watching 7pm Project earlier and it had this bogan having a go at the asylum seekers saying they've "never worked a day in their lives" when he looks pretty unemployed and feral himself, in rebuttal to the reporter saying that the seekers were from war ravaged countries the guy replies "We live in a war ravaged country!" or something along the lines of that. And so on ...

I've discovered the new buzzwords to dismiss the legitimacy of any refugee, anywhere, ever: "economic migrant".

A couple of utter tools have leapt on this and claimed that everybody coming illegally to Australia is just an "economic migrant".

Jesus fucking christ.

I really don't think there's a more sensitive issue in Australian politics at the moment than the asylum seekers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom