Pyongyang, North Korea Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I listened to like 30 seconds of Doin' Thangs by Big Bear just now.

It was actually good, so I shut it off.

Hey, Alison, there's a bootleg of the Cloud Control gig you saw, if you're interested: Fan Made Recordings.: Cloud Control @ The Corner Hotel (2010-10-01)

Shame there isn't one of the gig Charlotte and I went to!

(Plus I'd love a live recording of Alpine. I keep meaning to get some recording gear, but I'm not sure I'd record Alpine even if I had some. Kind of hard to record when you're dancing around and singing and stuff. I'm more thinking of recording instrumental bands, and bands whose stuff isn't really danceable or that I won't sing along to quite so much.)

I recently decided to resurrect my last.fm account. Anyone wanna add? :happy:

Done.

I reckon I'mma bring out one of my dad's Russian musak CDs and put 'em on my computer. I've heard much of it in the car but I think it is worthy of being on my iPod, unlike his other albums (AC/DC :lol:).

I reckon I'mma bring out one of my dad's Russian musak CDs and put 'em on my computer. I've heard much of it in the car but I think it is worthy of being on my iPod, unlike his other albums (AC/DC :lol:).

I am curious.

Yes way. At least, it wasn't Horrible Music Hour-worthy.

I think I'm going to have to download this for myself now.

Speaking of HMH, BROKENCYDE WILL NEVER DIE. Are you as excited as I'm not?

I'm Traviud, which I basically go by in real life now.

The pompous bastard and his tawny port are so proud.

Speaking of HMH, BROKENCYDE WILL NEVER DIE. Are you as excited as I'm not?

What? They have not yet completed their vengeance against the human race for dealing them such poor genes? Cheers to perseverance, if not theirs specifically.

What? They have not yet completed their vengeance against the human race for dealing them such poor genes? Cheers to perseverance, if not theirs specifically.

I just want to know what the hell a Rager Dude and Goose Gogglez are. Dubiously looking forward to the album leak.

I just want to know what the hell a Rager Dude and Goose Gogglez are. Dubiously looking forward to the album leak.

I love that RYM has the track listing up before anyone else. The users there are clearly among Brokencyde's biggest fans. I don't know why they don't start whoring themselves out to that crowd at this point.

The track listing looks like inebriated txt vomit, ftr. "Kama Sutra" made me laugh out loud the hardest. Can't imagine what could be around that seedy corner.

I love that RYM has the track listing up before anyone else. The users there are clearly among Brokencyde's biggest fans. I don't know why they don't start whoring themselves out to that crowd at this point.

The track listing looks like inebriated txt vomit, ftr. "Kama Sutra" made me laugh out loud the hardest. Can't imagine what could be around that seedy corner.

It genuinely worries me how much I know about this forthcoming Brokencyde release. There is no way known this is healthy, nor can morbid curiosity adequately justify it.

I think my favourite part of the tracklist is that the last song is called Sunshine. Sunshine. Where the hell are they possibly taking that.

I'm listening to too much Oasis. :panic:

I wasn't aware you were much into Oasis, but how your last.fm re-educated me!

I wasn't aware you were much into Oasis, but how your last.fm re-educated me!

I imagined I would be countlessly stabbed by fellow superthreaders. :uhoh: Yeah, even 6 months ago, I wouldn't have imagined listening to them often. But here I am.

And so, uh, yeah, you can now see my rather underdeveloped music taste. :wink: Beats 95% of other adolescents, though!

I need to listen to an Oasis album (rather than just rely on memories of them being all over 1990s radio and lulzy Gallagher brothers quotes) before I take any particularly firm opinion on their musical worth. I think I have one album lying around on my hard drive somewhere.

And they do have Andy Bell from Ride ...

(Not that anything Oasis could do will ever touch the perfection that Ride bestowed upon the shoegaze genre and the world in general between 1990 and 1992.)

Now I'm out for the night. :wave:

I need to listen to an Oasis album (rather than just rely on memories of them being all over 1990s radio and lulzy Gallagher brothers quotes) before I take any particularly firm opinion on their musical worth. I think I have one album lying around on my hard drive somewhere.

And they do have Andy Bell from Ride ...

Now I'm out for the night. :wave:

I'm really trying (hard, but failing badly) to perfect Liam Gallagher's walk. It's harder than it seems. :sigh:

I personally don't think Oasis would be your sort of band (judging by your taste), although the song Columbia does have a bit of a shoegazy influence.

Andy Bell is one cool mofo. Night! :wave:

Hey, Alison, there's a bootleg of the Cloud Control gig you saw, if you're interested: Fan Made Recordings.: Cloud Control @ The Corner Hotel (2010-10-01)

Shame there isn't one of the gig Charlotte and I went to!

(Plus I'd love a live recording of Alpine. I keep meaning to get some recording gear, but I'm not sure I'd record Alpine even if I had some. Kind of hard to record when you're dancing around and singing and stuff. I'm more thinking of recording instrumental bands, and bands whose stuff isn't really danceable or that I won't sing along to quite so much.)

Ta... at least you won't have to rely solely on my shitty memory for that setlist. I'll download it if I ever get the net back on my comp. Hopefully my shitty singing won't be audible... I'll keep an ear out for the Live At The Wireless that TripleJ will undoubtedly broadcast of that night, meanwhile.

Arranged with a friend to see an Imax movie tonight, friend piked, I decided to go anyway. Movie started at 9:40, I looked up from my book at 9:08 and realised I'd never make it. Went anyway, hoping I'd be able to get in after it had started, but the whole place was closed and locked, because the last session of the night had already commenced. At least I didn't get charged for parking for five minutes.

Am inordinately pissed off at myself.

Vlad, I won't stab you for liking Oasis, obviously. But that probably means I'm not a proper superthreader. Shock, horror.

Vlad, I won't stab you for liking Oasis, obviously. But that probably means I'm not a proper superthreader. Shock, horror.

Never mind, was only half-kidding then (even a subtle dig at my own musical tastes).

I'm not sure I ever have... in fact there's an awful lot that I've never used. It seems like the smileys had a population explosion a while back and I haven't got used to the new ones yet... or I've just never felt an emotion that was best expressed by a drunk Bonocrab. :scratch:

I'm not sure I ever have... in fact there's an awful lot that I've never used. It seems like the smileys had a population explosion a while back and I haven't got used to the new ones yet... or I've just never felt an emotion that was best expressed by a drunk Bonocrab. :scratch:

:laugh: Some are a whole lot of pointless yet so awesome.

Coming out of self-imposed exile to say hello. :wave: Hello.

Vladdikins, are you secretly a communist? First Stalingrad, now Pyongyang.

Alright, back to creative exile. Toodle-pip.

Finally got that album. :up: Sounds as good on headphones as it does in the car.

Soviet Moscow = Stalingrad, no? Or am I getting it confused with Leningrad? I didn't do so well in the Russian unit of Euro history...

Stalingrad is actually now Volgograd. Leningrad = St. Petersburg. Moscow was always Moscow. :)

Let's not forget about Stalinsk, nowadays Novokuznetsk, and Stalinabad, nowadays Dushanbe.

Or the bajillion-and-one other things Stalin named after himself. Honestly, given how many things copped his name, it's almost surprising he didn't decide to just go all the way and rename Moscow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom