Pussy, France Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
coolian2 said:

At least generally you can say something a bit negative about U2 without being shouted down.

And in here, odds are you'll only be shouted down if you say something POSITIVE about U2.

coolian2 said:
MGP PSYCHEDELIC!

Yeah wtf...maybe they are now taking shrooms or acid for inspiration? Worked for the Beatles. (Possibly also worked for U2 already...)

But I am kinda surprised by the account, that Bono would let a random fan, no matter how polite compared to the other 10 at the door, into the studio totally randomly to hear some new work. Unless it was a really, really hot babe.

Axver said:

Fundies Say The Darndest Things.

You, of all people, should have better literature taste.

I don't even really bother trying to get into other forums now. I always feel so much on the outside, but here I actually feel part of the community. Since the postwhorehouse began, I've stopped even bothering. The only other forum I read on a daily basis is Railpage Australia, and I've posted a grand total of ONCE there.

Yeah, I try to join other boards, but everyone else seems just so uptight

Especially band boards where the general view is that the singer can do no wrong (I'm looking at you springsteen fans)

coolian2 said:

Most recent season?

Yeah, apparently the episode (which was on last night (Monday night)) was popular enough to get ripped to internet websites within 24 hours thank God, cause I forgot the show moved to mondays and I did NOT want to wait to see it. But now I'm very sad :(

Varitek said:

But I am kinda surprised by the account, that Bono would let a random fan, no matter how polite compared to the other 10 at the door, into the studio totally randomly to hear some new work. Unless it was a really, really hot babe.

bono.jpg

coolian2 said:
Oh, i also read the airliners.net forum.

But i don't post because you have to pay to be a member, and it's also SO FUCKING PRETENTIOUS. And you can't breathe without a Boeing vs Airbus fight.

I've read that on occasion to figure out where to choose my seat. It helped me know that Air France's Boston-Paris-Bangkok-back flights would be waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better if I were in the roomier, quieter upper deck, with the only coach seats on the plane to have in-seat entertainment. I ended up having a row to myself on the final leg, while downstairs it was packed.

and :giggle: about the fights.

coolian2 said:
Oh, i also read the airliners.net forum.

But i don't post because you have to pay to be a member, and it's also SO FUCKING PRETENTIOUS. And you can't breathe without a Boeing vs Airbus fight.

:lol:

I don't really want to post much on Railpage since some people are so fucking hostile. It's unbelieveable. A couple, despite being railfans themselves, seem to openly hate railfans (who they call "dribblers") who want more passenger services/new or reopned lines/more funding for rail/whatever, for having "impractical ideas".

bono_212 said:

Yeah, apparently the episode (which was on last night (Monday night)) was popular enough to get ripped to internet websites within 24 hours thank God, cause I forgot the show moved to mondays and I did NOT want to wait to see it. But now I'm very sad :(

Ok, i may not have seen this yet. I think i recently saw the end of a recent House season, but can't actually remember the plot.

bono_212 said:

Dude, you need to discover torrents. I watch all my tv off of torrents, which are usually up within hours, high quality and commercial free.

Axver said:

I don't really want to post much on Railpage since some people are so fucking hostile. It's unbelieveable. A couple, despite being railfans themselves, seem to openly hate railfans (who they call "dribblers") who want more passenger services/new or reopned lines/more funding for rail/whatever, for having "impractical ideas".

It's similar there! As long as you aren't a senior 777 captain with 100,000 hours your opinion doesn't mean shit.

bono_212 said:

Yeah, I try to join other boards, but everyone else seems just so uptight

Especially band boards where the general view is that the singer can do no wrong (I'm looking at you springsteen fans)

On the Mike Portnoy forums, it can be really hard to have ANY negative opinion because Portnoy himself posts there, and while he's pretty cool about differing opinions, his fanboys get hyperprotective of him, and the lead mod has a fork up his arse sometimes.

Varitek said:

I've read that on occasion to figure out where to choose my seat. It helped me know that Air France's Boston-Paris-Bangkok-back flights would be waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better if I were in the roomier, quieter upper deck, with the only coach seats on the plane to have in-seat entertainment. I ended up having a row to myself on the final leg, while downstairs it was packed.

They only seem to know about the F and J (First and Business class, i think) seats.

Of course, if you have money to chuck away to post on forums you probably aren't flying economy.

coolian2 said:

[IM G]http://img2.timeinc.net/people/i/2006/startracks/060911/bono.jpg[/IMG]

That image is coming back unavailable, I didn't know you'd posted one until I quoted you thinking you'd just agreed with me.

And their screen name is Jose so I doubt they are a hot babe.

Varitek said:

That image is coming back unavailable, I didn't know you'd posted one until I quoted you thinking you'd just agreed with me.

And their screen name is Jose so I doubt they are a hot babe.

That's a shame. But it's the one of Bono talking to those girls in bikinis on the beach.

coolian2 said:

It's similar there! As long as you aren't a senior 777 captain with 100,000 hours your opinion doesn't mean shit.

There is this clique of guys who admittedly know their shit about public transportation, but they look down on anybody else. Especially anybody visibly enthusiastic about something.

Then there is this one guy from South Australia who I'm pretty sure must be a freight train driver, as he seems to get personally offended by how much discussion there is about improving passenger services compared to freight, and he does his best to obnoxiously remind everyone that freight is apparently the sole reason any railway in Australia exists.

coolian2 said:

They only seem to know about the F and J (First and Business class, i think) seats.

Of course, if you have money to chuck away to post on forums you probably aren't flying economy.

I dunno if it was that forum or another one that came up on google where I got the coach advice but it was good stuff.

I'm flying Lufthansa in 3 weeks on my way to Bosnia (and then Adriatic or something, the Slovenian one), any recommendations for seats on whatever they fly BOS-Frankfurt?

(I flew that flight once before actually but it was over 4 years ago)

btw how the hell did we get to page 6 without this

Total Posts: 1,007
User Posts
Axver 236
Varitek 125
coolian2 113
phillyfan26 70
LemonMelon 63
Screwtape2 57
DreamOutLoud13 56
mysterious_jen 55
cinnaminson 50
LemonMacPhisto 35
The Sad Punk 31
RavenBlue 23
Alisaura 21
bono_212 20
phanan 16
Dalton 9
Galeongirl 7
Angela Harlem 5
Lila64 5
No spoken words 3
Irishteen 2
hardyharhar 2
Sicy 1
the tourist 1
KhanadaRhodes 1

Varitek said:

Dude, you need to discover torrents. I watch all my tv off of torrents, which are usually up within hours, high quality and commercial free.

I got sued by the RIAA last year (luckily it seems they dropped the suit *knock on wood*) so now I'm terrified to download anything. Streams all the way

Axver said:

It's working fine for me.

Maybe the cable that goes through the center of the earth from your side to my side got twisted so I can't see it.

OK, def. back to work. How the HELL did I let myself post 125 times in the last thread with all this work?

Axver said:

On the Mike Portnoy forums, it can be really hard to have ANY negative opinion because Portnoy himself posts there, and while he's pretty cool about differing opinions, his fanboys get hyperprotective of him, and the lead mod has a fork up his arse sometimes.

I'll go ahead and embarrass myself:

The Meat Loaf board I posted on for a week I could not take because you could not even speculate about what Meat Loaf eats for Breakfast without people jumping all over you about why you need to know so much about his life, or why does it matter, it's none of your business. It was bad.

And Meat Loaf on occasion posted on that board as well

Hides out here > :reject:

bono_212 said:

I got sued by the RIAA last year (luckily it seems they dropped the suit *knock on wood*) so now I'm terrified to download anything. Streams all the way

HOLY SHIT.

I mean, I've heard of people being sued by the RIAA, but it's always seemed to just be random person in a million in the news and it'd never happen to anybody I even vaguely know.

I'm just waiting for the day somebody totally owns the RIAA by counter-suing them, getting the RIAA's case thrown out, and winning their counter claim. It'll happen. The RIAA's just rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic right now.

bono_212 said:

I have gotten two MPAA warnings, one from Paramount 3.5 years ago and one from HBO a few months ago. Luckily nothing further. But that was all before I started using Peer Guardian 2 which you should def. know about, it blocks the IPs from the MPAA and RIAA, also, use Bit Torrent but NEVER EVER limewire. And I do still stay away from movies and HBO shows, as they are the ones that warn, but network TV hasn't warned or sued anyone yet. I had my school network that was safe to get movies, now that it's gone (or rather I'm gone) I've got a TON on my hard drive stocked up, and my employer for next year goes to asia all the time and picks up bootlegs so I should be OK for a while. Plus I love marathoning TV, I've got Battlestar Gallactica and Homicide LIfe on the Street that I've never watched, and I want to re-do all of West Wing and The Wire some time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom