PuppyKats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cell

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
has anyone seen this site before? i never knew there was such a breed:ohmy: they are cute, but it makes me wonder if this is considered unethical.

breeding cats with genes that belong to dogs? i dont know...thats why im asking. i never knew about this until a few days ago. i cant stop looking at the site lol.

I guess I'm still in denial and thinking it's a marketing ploy? I'm a cat person and don't see the need to make them like dogs. :scratch:

OK, I don't get why this cat is anything special? They're just a combination of things that already occur in certain breeds (manx and Scottish fold): cropped tail and folded ears and also polydactyl (not really breed-specific, but not all that rare).

If anything bothers me, it's this

They can be easily trained to the leash and to fetch.

Fetch, yes, many cats love fetch, but domestic cats of any breed really don't belong on leashes.

If this is for real, its disgusting and completely unethical. Altering animal genes to 'create' a special 'dogcat' ?? :huh:

And the Bonsai kitten link is censored here because it is also disgusting.

I didn't see them say anywhere that they had combined dog and cat genes. I think they just bred cats to have personality characteristics more like that of a dog, just like they breed for different physical characteristics.

That's awful. :(

When my cat Will was a kitten I trained him to walk in a harness. :) My roommates made fun of me unmercifully. He loves car rides too.

I don't put him the harness anymore. He doesn't need it. The only cat I've ever heard of that can be leash trained are Bengals. (asian leopard mix)

ILuvLarryMullen said:
I didn't see them say anywhere that they had combined dog and cat genes. I think they just bred cats to have personality characteristics more like that of a dog, just like they breed for different physical characteristics.

I hope not. That is just really weird.

Sicy said:

And the Bonsai kitten link is censored here because it is also disgusting.

Ah, ok. Bonsai cats are fake though, just some stupid person wanting to make a big stink in the animal community.

As for the PuppyKats, where are you guys getting the info that they used dog genes? I've read both sites and as far as I can tell, they're just regular domestic cats with the ears of the Scottish Fold, the tail of the Manx, and polydactyl.

I wouldn't want a cat that's bred to be more like a dog. If I wanted a dog, I'd get one. I love cats for a reason. :mad:

I don't need a PuppyKat 'cus I've got this cat called Maxiumus and he's a dog in a cat's body. He loves to chase and be chased, ride in the car, and run around outside. He never scratches or bites. He howls at the door and yips at people when he wants attention. We have child lock latches on all of our cubboards (which he just figured out how to push up with his head), bricks in the bottom of our trash can so he can't tip it over, and anything wrapped in plastic even if it's not food, he will chew.

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

Ah, ok. Bonsai cats are fake though, just some stupid person wanting to make a big stink in the animal community.

As for the PuppyKats, where are you guys getting the info that they used dog genes? I've read both sites and as far as I can tell, they're just regular domestic cats with the ears of the Scottish Fold, the tail of the Manx, and polydactyl.

:up:
there's no dog genes in there, just a cat bred for "desirable" traits... no different than any other breed of cats.

Doesn't much appeal to me... now, the muchkin cat, that's another story :D
http://cats.about.com/cs/breedprofiles/p/Munchkin.htm

there's several breeds of dogs bred for dwarfism, such as the welsh corgi or dachsunds... that's nothing new either. I'm just a sucker for animals with little short legs.

This "desireable traits" thing is a laugh. Every cat I've ever had had "desireable traits." Ugh. This is irritating me more and more. :sad:

the dog gene...i could have sworn i read it somewhere, probably on another site. im trying to locate it now. not having any luck. i might have misread it.

Back
Top Bottom