pssst...modest mouse fans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Basstrap

ONE love, blood, life
Good news for bad people

in case you wanna check it out

I haven't heard it yet, so I don't know if it's good or not. I'm not really sure that I even like Modest mouse
I think the Moon and Antarctica is pretty good

I've heard 2 songs. The single, and they played a different one on that Carson Daily show thing last week sometime. I liked both of them.

*tries to fight temptation to download the whole thing....*

I wish these guys were better live. I've seen them a few times and everytime I go in all pumped up and then leave wishing I could get my money back.

:sigh:

I bought the album. IT IS OUTSTANDING.

As for the bad live shows....he did an interview with the Onion AV Club, and said he realized that he drank during EVERY show. He thought that sucked and he felt bad for people paying to see some drunk guy on stage when in reality, they could just buy beer for their friends and watch them be drunk for much a lot less!

Its a good read! Find the article here:

http://www.theonionavclub.com/feature/index.php?issue=4014

i was considering getting the album. i do like the moon and antarctica quite a bit, mofo said he thinks he likes it better...

so far i've got some good reasons for getting rid of some cash i dont have...

nice.

i defeintly saw a video at 5am last night on MTV or something...think it was for 'float on' though.

:up:

ive only just got into this band, ive heard a few of there songs, they all sound really good. my friend says that there new album is great ^_^

ice said:
ive only just got into this band, ive heard a few of there songs, they all sound really good. my friend says that there new album is great ^_^

It really is. As is their previous album, The Moon and Antarctica.

Apparently there was a mix up. Letterman is filming his Friday show at 4am this morning or something weird like that, Modest Mouse will be the musical guest for THAT show.

I watched tonight, and thought they were bumped or something. The release was just wrong.

FRIDAY - 5/14

I'm downloading the album right now and haven't heard any yet. My little bro recommended it to me and said they sound like U2.... :scratch:

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
My little bro recommended it to me and said they sound like U2.... :scratch:

They dont at all, just know that. They're still quite good though.

Everyone who likes this album really needs to check out The Moon and Antarctica album also.

but don't be surprised if you hate them.
it isn't exactly the most accessible stuff

especially the moon and antarctica

yes, what basstrap said.

there are some days when i could listen to them nonstop, but the majority of my days i can only take a bit of it at a time. they have a lot of potential though, it will be interesting to see where they go after 'good news..."

u2popmofo said:
They're on Jimmy Kimmel on Friday.

This is tonight, hopefully I remember to watch!!!! (if I can ever figure out when that stupid show is on!!! :mad: )

lluuuuuurve tha neu all bum. thair playin gat lallapoluza in torono in aug and i have some good tickets.. too bad people are saying they aren't super live. maybe they weill shape up. i wasn't too impressed b the perofrmence on letterman i saw.

but the new album is a keeper.

OK, we got this at work (being a librarian has its perks! :wink:) and now I'm going to give it a go....

i have a young person in my house who made me buy it this evening.

and now i have a young person in my house who is playing it very loudly.

we like it. :up:

$9.99 in ?? makes me cry. :sad: This is why I haven't bought a cd other than Jesse Malin's new album in the past six months or so. :eek:

Anyway, I like Modest Mouse. Idlewild likes them. I like their name too. I also like mice. I want a little brown mouse, like the kind that live in subways...the underground, not the restaurants. I wonder what colour mice live in the restaurants. :hmm:

They're on Conan Obrien tonight. (new broadcast) Thought I'd give a heads up.

(wonder if they'll try out Ocean Breathes Salty since that's supposed to be the new single)

Back
Top Bottom