project runway season three

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I can't believe Jeffrey won the challenge tonight. I honestly didn't see that dress or the fabric as being couture :shrug: I liked Uli's the best tonight. And I liked Michael's much better after the judges "adjusted" the front of it. Too bad Michael didn't think of it sooner. The bottom of Kayne's dress was really pretty. It looked totally different on the NY model than the Parisian one. And Vincent was kissing the French judge's ass?!?!? I thought he was gonna hit on her :der: And I can't believe he was using glue. Oh well, au revoir :wave:

Last edited:
FINALLY Vincent's gone...about damn time...

In the beginning I was rooting for Kayne, but now I'm kinda hoping the top three is Michael, Uli, and Jeffrey. I loved Jeffrey and Uli's dresses this time around :heart:

HATED Laura's :yuck: it looked like a cheap costume. a cheap boring costume. I'm hoping she'll be next to go.

I hated Jeffrey's dress, but if you watch couture runway shows that's the kind of crap :wink: they show. Awful, but they consider that couture. I loved Uli's dress, that would have been my pick.

Somehow I was rooting for Vincent- he has that outsider, loner, underdog sort of thing going on. But yes, his sucking up and his attitude bug me. And his constant comments about "getting off" are very strange.:hmm:

I loved Jeffrey's dress! :heart: I liked Uli's too, but Jeffrey's just had that extra oomph that really made it stand out for me.

Kayne's could have been great if he'd done something different on the bodice. The bottom part was awesome! :up:

Laura....boring.

Poor Michael. His dress looked handmade and not in a good way. Still, he is my favorite overall. Hopefully he has a better time of it on the next challenge.

Soooooo glad to see Vincent leave. ugh. Him sucking up to the French judge...:madspit:

So, who are the guests next week? In the preview footage when Laura was having a meltdown, she mentioned the Olsen twins....is that for real? :huh:

I love Michael..hated how he had a tought ime this week.

My two cents--when the hell are the judges goign to realize Laura does the same shit every week? I mean how many right on the waist, A-line, V necked things from her have we seen? Also I thinkt hey are all ugly!! As for Uli-I am sick of seeing the braiding. IF that is her signiture trait then I wouldn't buy it-yuck!!

Jeffery lucked out b/c he model rocked the catwalk-I do think he is the most talented however.

I'm glad that Vincent finally went--I've thought he's pretty icky from day one. And glue? That was hilarious after he talked so much about being trained in couture. I love that the French judge ripped him a new one in her score after he kissed up to her so much.

I was glad to see Jeffrey take a chance, and even though I'd never wear his dress, I think he deserved to win. He focused the most on hand making his dress, and he balanced his vision with the parameters of the challenge. He and Uli were the only ones whose dresses seem to live up to the challenge.

I hope Kayne gets his act together. I really like his personality and I liked a lot of what he made earlier in the show, but he's making a lot of bad judgement calls lately. The bottom half of his dress was gorgeous, though, so there's still hope.

Laura is definitely the next to go. Her work has been so ho-hum, and I think her style would be marketable to a very narrow group. I love black and white, don't get me wrong, but for the love of God woman, try a little color!

ljclary said:
As for Uli-I am sick of seeing the braiding

I noticed the same thing - you can use it occasionally, but don't do it on every item of clothing you create :der:

I think Laura could be on her way out next week. One dimensional :shrug:

Have the judges mentioned Laura's inability to create an outfit that doesn't have cleavage to the belly button?

I heart the woman, but COME ON!

I pick Uli, Michael and Jeffrey for the top 3. I can't believe it's winding down already!

corianderstem said:
I pick Uli, Michael and Jeffrey for the top 3. I can't believe it's winding down already!

yes, absolutely. though i wonder if Laura might not sneak in there. she makes for great TV, especially with a croissant/future-Harvard-grad in the oven (laura would never simply have a bun in the oven).

i freaking hate Jeffrey. he looks like he smells. and he hates women.

go Michael and Uli! too bad neither of them have much of a discernable personality.

and Ding! Dong! Vincent's gone! :happy:

project_runway_300x400.jpg

Jeffrey :madspit: He may be able to design, but I can't stand him. I thought his dress was hideous, it may have taken a shitload of work but it was damn ugly. I loved Uli's dress, and Kayne's, I didn't see what was wrong with the bodice. I thought it was interesting and different, at the very least, and not in a bad way like Jeffrey's.

I also think Michael, Uli and Jeffrey will be in the top 3. I hope Michael wins, he's my favorite :heart:

I did love Vincent, though. Even if he totally didn't deserve to be there. :(

BonoIsMyMuse said:
I hope Kayne gets his act together. I really like his personality and I liked a lot of what he made earlier in the show, but he's making a lot of bad judgement calls lately. The bottom half of his dress was gorgeous, though, so there's still hope.
i agree. i mean he even said this time "tim hates my dress, but i'm gonna do what i want" or something to that affect. now i mean i loved it and would've worn it but tim knows what the judges will be looking for, i sure as hell don't. if tim says it's too over-the-top, then the dress has got to be toned down a bit.

I loved Kayne's dress, especially the asymetrical tying of the corset. I did think it was majorly ridiculous to have Michael Korrs judge people on couture, the guy makes really derivative sportswear. Could he make couture? I think not.

I was kind of surprised that Jeffrey won. His dress was definitely fun but I thought it was too short in the front and was waiting for at least Nina to call him on it.

Fashion Week has already started so the final four designers will be showing their collections later this week.

posted on bestweekever.tv:

Project Runway: Santino Roots for Jeff, Disses Klum

If you’ve been watching Project Runway this season, you are aware of who the editors have pegged as “the Villain”: Jeffrey Sebalia, he of the weak-chinned and windy neck tattoos. Throughout the season, people have compared Jeff to last year’s pseudo-villain Santino, who at least redeemed himself with a killer Tim Gunn impersonation. Both of them are misfits, and both prefer shredding a hem rather than stitching one. Which is why Santino’s following Myspace bulletin struck us as so funny. They’re friends!

So Bravo’s Project Runway 3 is having a Fan favorite contest…..
Winner get $10,000….
Vote for my friend Jeffrey Sebelia,
If you’ve been swayed by the editing of this complex man, DON’T BELIEVE THE HYPE!
Jeff’s the real deal and I’m in 100% support of him.

P.P.S. Jeffrey is Jeffrey, Santino is Santino. Jeffrey is not this season’s Santino. Or trying to be anything other than himself. McQueen is not trying to be Westwood…. In many ways Jeffrey and I couldn’t be more different. Comparing us, as Heidi did in the first episode, just shows her ignorance. (I often wonder if she knows what she’s looking at, ever?) Unfortunately, I received too many comments already that reitterate Heidi’s sentiments. Jeffrey is as passionate as I am about creating HIS idea of beauty. RESPECT IS MUTUAL.

Defensive much? And I know he did not just call Mizz Heidi Klum ignorant. It seems pretty universal that lederhosen lingerie is so not the sexy.

Lila64 said:
new episode tonite :bump:

I don't think I'll be able to stay up and watch it. My DVR will record it and I'll see it tomorrow afternoon. No peeking in this thread for me tomorrow. :(

Lila64 said:
so why do they have Daniel doing spots? What's up with Chloe? :shrug:

new episode tonite :bump:

Daniel V. has a blog on Bravo. Chloe's still running her store Lot 8 in Texas. She didn't take the mentorship, rather bogus because I think Daniel could have totally benefited from that opportunity as a young designer.

Didn't Jay pass on part of the prize in the first season as well?

I don't think it's bogus. If the judges factored in "who could really use that mentorship," then they would have picked Daniel.

(Personally, I liked Chloe's clothes and HATED her line at Fashion Week. But oh well.)

The money you "win" comes with strings attached. I believe most are participating for the exposure which will help draw in an investor. Or maybe a new one with deeper pockets.

:grumpy:

I was praying for Uli not to leave, and I guess Kayne had to be the one to go... :sad:

Jeffrey :madspit: :mad: :censored:

I seriously can't stand his stuff, it's so tacky and costume-y... :yuck:

congrats to Laura on a deserved win.

even if she was unnecessarily mean to Angela -- not her fault the judges and producers wanted her back.

i was disappointed with Uli, glad she got through, though.

Back
Top Bottom