Project Runway

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lila64 said:
caught the last 30 minutes of the show tonite, so I got to see the designs and the designer who got the boot (don't know her name, but she won the last round). The red dress was just.... :shrug:
yeah, i didn't see how her dress had anything to do with the photos she took at all. she just took the red of the dress in the photo and made a red dress :huh:

And I thought last weeks white skating outfit was awful as well...what do I know I guess...this show is so fun!!

I am glad Zulima is gone....now for Kara....

shes german?

i thought she was from south africa ???

i thought she had a terrible speach impediment

Yup, German:

Heidi Klum (born June 1, 1973) is a German supermodel, actress, fashion designer and artist born in Bergisch Gladbach, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany.

I like that she takes less of a "main role" on the show like a lot of other stars attached to reality shows. Tim Gunn gets more air time than she does! :wink:

I :heart: this show! Haven't missed an episode yet this season! :)

Can we talk about Andre's dress from this latest episode?! :heart: I personally thought he should have won... though I liked Dan's outfit too...

I was kind of surprised and Zulema being out... but she also screwed Nick with the model thing, so it was kind of a karma thing :)

I thought that was a really dumb challenge...if the judges said one more time "iwished you used more flowers" I was gonna scream. Do they have ANY idea how much flowers cost..sheesh!!

yeah, poor Andre, but he used the moss, or whateveer he used (sod?) Just didn't turn out too well. Nick's looked creative, but it didn't fit all that well. And so what that a lot of the outfits were green - I like green!

Despite how well she did on this challenge, I thought it was Kara's time to go. She has not done one thing with fabric that was near as nice as the stuff Andrae has managed to do once or twice

And last night it finally occurred to me why Andrae looked so familar. Think Angelina Jolie - without the hair. Maybe more like her brother - is it Christian?

andrae.jpg
angelina-jolie.jpg
PLX068141.jpg

Anyway - I love the whole Andrae and Tim got to Red Lobster episode. I think we can keep Santino around for another challenge just for the laughs.

ljclary said:
I thought that was a really dumb challenge...if the judges said one more time "iwished you used more flowers" I was gonna scream. Do they have ANY idea how much flowers cost..sheesh!!
seriously! i was saying the same exact thing. one of the judges even suggested maybe it was because of what happened last year with austin's dress and then nothing more was said of it except to say like "omigaaaaawd why is there so much green we said garden party i wanted to see flowers, flowers, flowers!!!!!!!!"

i think it was a combination of cost and the fact that a lot of them knew the flowers probably wouldn't hold up. it's like no one actually stopped to think for a second that they were working with real flowers and plants which can wilt and die on you so maaaaybe the miles of rose petals like someone suggested wasn't really very feasible. had anyone used roses, they would've been all brown and dried out by the next day and they would've bitched about that too.

and don't even get me started on their abuse of the word "vulgar" to describe people's dresses at times.

YellowKite said:

Anyway - I love the whole Andrae and Tim got to Red Lobster episode. I think we can keep Santino around for another challenge just for the laughs.

:lmao:

What is Santino on?

I was sad to see Andre go :( ... but I did think Kara finally pulled something off this week...

Chloe was REALLLLLLLLY cutting it close on this one

I'm not sure I liked Dan's enough for him to win again, though... :hmm:

Kara really surprised me this week - who knew she had something so nice in her? Most of her stuff is dull, dull, dull. I thought she should have gone last week (not that I was sad to see Zulema go).

And maybe Heidi Klum does have a bit of a weird speech thing going on. I thought maybe it was just her accent, but ... :huh:

corianderstem said:
And maybe Heidi Klum does have a bit of a weird speech thing going on. I thought maybe it was just her accent, but ... :huh:

What I have noticed is that she is wearing the same shape of jewerly. Not the same pair of earring and necklace but she seems to have a whole range of earrings and necklaces that are in that four clover leaf design.

Does that have some significance I am missing - or is that just all the rage with pregnant, reality TV show host/german supermodels?

I can't believe Santino dogged another crap design bullet. I think Kara must be afraid of him or something. She just stood there in her sausage casing jumpsuit and didn't say a word about it being glued to her and how uncomfortable it was. I blame her for Nick being voted out. At least he finished his outfit. Like Chole said - I made three pieces - what took so long?

And Daniel - that outfit was not a party girl Chole look. I was disappointed with him. I am still rooting for him to win it all!

YellowKite said:
I can't believe Santino dogged another crap design bullet. I think Kara must be afraid of him or something. She just stood there in her sausage casing jumpsuit and didn't say a word about it being glued to her and how uncomfortable it was. I blame her for Nick being voted out. At least he finished his outfit. Like Chole said - I made three pieces - what took so long?
:yes: :yes: :yes:

santino should've got the boot this week instead. yet again he didn't finish his work but this time his model could've spoken up and said something. all i can hope is she said something and her comments ended up on the cutting room floor.

but jesus christ, i so knew he was going to make it to the end just for the sheer drama, just like how wendy made it to the final three last year even though she so didn't deserve it :down:

KhanadaRhodes said:
but jesus christ, i so knew he was going to make it to the end just for the sheer drama, just like how wendy made it to the final three last year even though she so didn't deserve it :down:

:madspit: Wendy Pepper

I was rooting for Austin and Jay - and :applaud: both will be on this next episode.

I really also did not like Kara Saun [sp?] Her designs were okay but her whole 'holier than thou' attitude was a little too much. It did make good TV when she simply ignored Wendy Pepper during that whole fashion week hotel room episode. How childish to sleep on the couch in a swanky hotel the week you are competing for your dream! C'mon - be an adult! She just made herself look stupid - and she gave Wendy the whole bedroom to herself!

Finally saw the episode today. Chloe's outfir for Nick was very cool and fitted him well. And I think you're right about keeping Santino for the drama and making things 'interesting'. It seems like he's been in the bottom / teetering on the edge for a while. The jumpsuit was kinda strange, and was unfishined. I'm just not sure about the design Nick made for Daniel :huh: And what the heck did Daniel make for Chloe? :huh: He's lucky he had immunity

I totally missed last week's episode. Did they have to design outfits for eachother or something?

So this comes on tonight (Wednesday), right? I've been trying to follow this season, but I mostly catch re-runs.

yes, something like that. Here on the west coast, the new episode is on Wednesday nights at 10:00pm. If I remember correctly, they might show previous episodes earlier in the evening.

I don't understand - I can't remember too many of his designs that I liked or that anyone would actually be caught dead in. :shrug: I think they kept him in for his personality and ratings. Whether you like him or hate him, you actually remember him and talk about him, and that keeps people interesting/coming back.

:sigh:

Well of the four remaining I would rather see what Santino comes up with than Kara. . . but I would have loved to see Nick's.

Since I now hate Kara for being a lump of stupidity in that ugly jumpsuit and not speaking up - as a result Nick leaves - then I am glad she is gone. I also wanted to slap her for choosing Chloe as the person to leave. Of couse Santino would choose Chole because that is exactly the childish response I would expect after she chose him, but I was a bit confused as to why Daniel would not continue to criticize Santino, but it made it easier for Miss Spineless and Jump On Board to choose Chole. That Kara needs an opinion of her own.

Preveiw for next show - I like Daniel's new hair! And I can't wait to see what Zulema was so upset about that she was doing her diva act again.

Back
Top Bottom