Prediction: Mighty Bris-vegas Lions to Roaaaaaarrrrr this Sat- 'Muhaaaaaaa!'

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

OzAurora

Refugee
The Sunshine Coast, Queensland, Australia
Yes folks AFL time again and after watching the Port game I do believe that the lions are going to anielate the maggies on Saturday- but hey who would of thought that Collingwood would of made it this far, I actually would of liked to have seen one of the Adelaide teams make it into the final - just to see a non Victorian final, but anyway not to be!!!!! last year the lions did it and this year they will confirm their place in history as one of the greatest AFL teams ever- good on ya Leigh Mathews, Vossy, Akermanis and the rest of the boys and hopefully this win will make even more Queenslanders leave the realm of the awful game of rugby league and discover the gem that is Aussie Rules footy:)

I definitely be watching if the hawks were there...next year

You sound happy Aurora.That's great.
Congratulations on your team making the grand-final. It's always a great day, I've watched a few. I hope you enjoy the day, whatever the outcome.
For sentimental reasons I am barracking for Collingwood. I have only been to Melbourne twice and the second time was not much fun. I was on the train heading into the city and my baby son and I were both delighted to see a huge painting of a magpie on a building. It reminded us of home, the baby started making bird noises and made the school kids on the train laugh.
I saw Phar Lap that day too...hmmmm.:heart:
I recall that bono_man2002 is a Collingwood supporter .Good luck to both your teams.
It is a great game to watch, great athletes:mac: :up: :drool:
no honestly, the skill.....:D
have fun VFL lovers (I remember the old days)

Yay for Brissy Oz! I thought they would at least get to the final this year, Sydney had a snowball's chance....but there is 2003 right?

Hrmphh.

I hope they win. A good team I reckon!
:yes:

ahhh...

u gotta love brisbane, australia's best capital city in each and every way :tongue:

:up: I wouldn't have minded too much if Collingwood won though, I really like Nathan Buckley. Really good game. Football was the winner today folks. Football.

Bloody Norm Smith Medal really should've gone to Voss. Instead of going to the winner its gone to the losing captain who views the honour with contempt because his side lost.

Well folks a very drunk OzAurora is here chatting to ya all and why am I so drunki??????? cause the lions won thats why!!!! but I must say that it was a shit game of footy, the lions, even though they won really did play a shit gamem they missed so many goals, but anyway at least they won- stick that up ya bum, Eddie Maquire:macdevil: , anyway the Lions are bloody great and I think that man of the match should of gone to Clark Keating= great ruck man he is....... well I bit my nails, had my heart beating way to fast for most of the match but long live the Brisbane Lions and all those old Fitzroy fans= this is as much for you guys too, well I am going to bed now, boys and girls- had a great day and great night all I have left to say is .

VOSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY:macdevil
:
29brisgall8_350.jpg

Last edited:
8 seasons in one day..what a game!!!

Congratulations Aurora and all the Brisbane supporters. And well done the "Hot Pies" .Buckley and Voss what a game.
I'm glad I decided to watch the whole thing...MARK SEYMOUR!!!! what a nice surprise( throw your arms around me baby. I hope sis was watching, he's keeping very well is young mark)
And the whitlams, it was funny when the harmonica player dropped his harp. The drummer had trouble keeping a straight face and then Kate looking trim(inspirational).
Oh and then the inductees parade I'd had some cider with lunch to celebrate the day, first alcohol I've had in a while...I had the old happy tears going on when Jason Dunstall was inducted. He was the captain during the years I was most into following Hawthorn...the big men fly:heart:
And this was all before anyone kicked a ball:wink: Very exciting times lately, grand final season....and the bands starting up again...SUMMER!!!!
Enjoy the whitlams show Aurora
**cass leaves a big cool glass of water for Aurora**
actaully there may be a few thirsty folks around
**cass leaves the fountain of youth**
when you walk through a storm hold your head up highhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
and don't
be afraid
of the dark...........................:crazy:

Thanks for the virtual glass of water Cass- amazingly I dont feel that bad today, it was very nice to sleep in- seeing as though all of last week I was getting up at 4.40am to go and pick lettuces........and in my drunken post last night I forgot to mention the great pre-match entertainment, seeing Hunters and Collectors was very nice and then the Whitlams, (who I will be seeing live on Wednesday night!!!!!) was just great, I guess they had to mime due to all of the rain that was pouring down, but I did laugh ever so much when the harmonica incident happened and I bet that the boys from 'The Panel' will be sure to mention that in this weeks show:) anyway I am still so delighted that the Lions won, it was such a great end to a great season:)

290902_lions_lg.jpg

well done Lions

But as a neutral I think Collingwood should have won (I was assured of party in a "five" star hotel if they'd won:banghead: )

;)

*loves living in a successful city. :mac:

i just wish the broncos werent ROBBED in the NRL semi final!! :mad:

Go the Lions yeah! :dance::dance::dance:

Back
Top Bottom