Prank on Tom Cruise gone sort of bad... What do you think of his reaction?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
randhail said:
If Ashton Kutcher pulls this off for Punk'd, is this even an issue? No one would be talking about the negativity, it would be "what a prank Ashton pulled today!" Since we don't know who these guys are, they are jerks. A double standard in action.

you don't think ashton kutcher is a jerk too?

Maybe the joke was a tad out of line...but definately no worse than the stuff pulled on Punk'd and other prank shows.

What bothered me was Cruise saying "I work very hard to make people happy," it seemed very arrogant to me.

It was all a set-up by Mapother to get more publicity. God, he just can't get enough publicity. He needs his name and face in the media 24/7. He is such an ego maniac. He wants to be the No. 1 pop culture icon in the history of pop culture.

Flying FuManchu said:
Some people would have beat that squirter down. Cruise was pretty good about it. I'm surprised the crazies out there haven't used that idea and threw acid on Mr. Scientology..

This is exctly what I thought about, some fucking idiot using a chemical that could have injured Tom or any other celebrity badly!

I do not understand when people use words like " have a sense of humor, Tom".

This is unacceptable..........

How would you feel in the same situation?

Think for a minute; you are a celebrity that relies on your apperance, to some extent to succeed in your career.......and in a matter of a few SECONDS, a loser that wants to inked in the tabloid books forever, (Like Mark Chapman, the person that killed John Lennon) uses a stunt like this one to make his mark...

Tom handled it better than I would have.

What the guy did wasnt exactly right, but not enough to get arrested...fined?, maybe.

Paris Hilton would have handled the situation better though, She'd just say "That's Hot"

skjuls said:

Not sure either! It was a prank for a British TV show on celebrities. I understand why Tom would be upset but grabbing the guy's arm.

Hmmmmmmmmmm!!!!

Tom didn't think it was funny and someone tell me when getting water in your face is assault!???

What if that was piss-water....wouldn't that be an assault? I've never cared for Tom Cruise but then again, throwing water into anyone's face unexpectedly is not acceptable...I'm sure that if this was just some guy on the sidewalk throwing water at him, TC would've and should've kicked his ass...there; justice served...considering where he was, with cameras rolling..he did the right thing.

I am no Tom Cruise fan...I don't like his movies or his personality but I think he handled this as well as can be expected. My reaction would probably have been to punch the guy in the face with some f-bombs to follow.

I'm not a big Tom Cruise fan, either. But I'd say it was a bit rude, yeah. I'd laugh it off, no problem, if it were a friend or family member who did it, 'cause obviously it was a joke and they wouldn't intend on hurting me. But there are some loony people out there who can do some disturbing things to celebrities, so I can understand the celebrities being a bit wary of pranks from random people like that.

As for the "Punk'd" comparison...again, I'm not an Ashton fan, either, and I've not watched that show on a regular basis, but from what I've seen, the pranks he pulls appear to be ones that you know wouldn't physically hurt anyone. Thankfully, this was just water Tom got on him, but the sad thing is that you don't know with some people-it could've been something more dangerous. And then there's all the other people that were there, too, to consider. So yeah, I think that the prank was rather stupid and pointless, personally :shrug:.

Angela

Back
Top Bottom