Pot hole city

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tiny dancer

Blue Crack Distributor
With the weather being really nasty this year from snow and ice there are pot holes glore around where I live. There is this really big one about foot long and 15 inches deep. They can't be fixed until the temperatures hit above the freezing mark. I'm trying to be careful driving for they can do a real number to your car. Anybody else here that are hit with pot holes?
:banghead:

in the DC area as well. All over the place. I swear I hit one the other day and I really thought that both the tires on the drivers side of my car were going to fall off and that my axles were going to be split in half.

NYC reporting-- on the way to the netcafe I avoided walking into 4 of them around 1 1/2 - 2+ feet in diameter, anywhere from ? 6 inches minimum to 10 + ins.

And sympathies to all our drivers zigzaging a bit when possible. otherwise- the jolts! :grumpy:

drive careful and I hope you *can avoid* repairshop bills! And ER bills for the walkers among us! *needs a 'fingers-crossed' emoticon*

Last edited:
tiny dancer said:
With the weather being really nasty this year from snow and ice there are pot holes glore around where I live. There is this really big one about foot long and 15 inches deep. They can't be fixed until the temperatures hit above the freezing mark. I'm trying to be careful driving for they can do a real number to your car. Anybody else here that are hit with pot holes?
:banghead:

Haha, those pot holes have nothing over Grand Rapids! Michigan uses the cheapest material to pave roads and highways and we pay for it, sometimes with our lives. Last winter, the radio station had a pot hole contest and the winner found one that went all the way through one of the bridges downtown! (I don't wanna know how he saw it in the first place...). In michigan we have two seasons: winter and road construction.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
Michigan - Pot Hole Hell. :angry:

:yes: :mad:

Our potholes eat SUVs for lunch and compact cars for dessert.

It's sad when you know you've entered another state because the road gets smoother. :|

Yes, my neighborhood is especially bad. Potholes almost never get fixed because they're so far down everyone's priority list for funding. There was a story a few years ago about a neighborhood that had almost 100 on one street alone. The city wouldn't do anything, so they got a can of spray paint and numbered each one. Not only were they not fixed, the city charged those who did it with vandalism! :scream:

ahhh life in a temperate zone... also known as the pot hole belt.

the casualty list for this winter on my vehicle would be one blow out thanks to a pot hole and one "frozen" break rotor, which i've never heard of before but apparently the damn thing froze and snapped :shrug:

total winter costs... $150 for the tire, $425 for the breaks... $575 out the preverbial window.

oh how i can't wait for f:censored:king spring

and back to pot hole's... i do believe there's one right around the corner on jericho turnpike that's so big i sware you could find dinosaur bones at the bottom of the thing.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom