posting credit cars info

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

marik

Refugee
anyone know if it is safe to give out that 3 or 4 ( i cant rememeber) digit on the back of your credit card when making online purcheses. i have used my card many times safely, but never been asked to give this number, so nowi am a little suspious. it seems to be a repuable site from the states, anyone?

The 3/4 digit number on the back (sometimes front) of your card is for security purposes. This number does not appear on any statements you receive from the creditcard company. It basically means you have the creditcard in your hand if you can type that number in. If someone steals your statement or a receipt from a previous purchase and tries to make a purchase online (or phone/mail-order), they will not be able to do so without the number, and alerting the seller (and/or creditcard company) of possible fraud. Did that make sense or come out correctly? If you have more questions, lemme know.

many of the merchants I order from online do require it. I've never had any unauthorised purchases.

Back
Top Bottom