Post your favorite negative review...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
bayernfc said:

It's funny in a disturbing fashion! :|

Looks like we're not harsh enough on MTV-crap by 77 standards.

Seriously. If it's ok to trash The Clash like that, modern pop groups should be tarred and feathered.

An Amazon.com review of Ryan Adams' lloR N kcoR:

Too bad you can't give negative numbers because this cd certainly derserves one. After wasting my lunch hour to obtain this piece of garbage, I wanted to throw it out into coming traffic after the fourth song. I have to admit, I'm not a big fan of this artist but have heard good things and read some reviews for this cd and others by him. Though I realize through the years.....reviews by fellow music lovers most of time are just a waste of print, this time I took their advice.....much to my dismay again. The lyrics may be worthy but the recording and the music in general deserve any title but that of rock and roll. I finally gave the cd to my wife to give away at her work, and much to my surprise........someone bit, poor sap. While the jackass who confused this artist with Bryan Adams is quite amusing, his point is well taken. Skip the cd and buy a twelve pack, you won't regret that.

I am a fan of Gemma Tarlach, a music critic who writes for our local paper. She's pretty witty ...

Now, we're going to restrain ourselves and avoid phrases like "desperate rehash" when we talk about Jordan Knight's latest "project," which would be "Jordan Knight Performs New Kids on the Block - The Remix Album," released earlier this year. Because, hey, everybody has to pay the rent ... Fans, if you cheer loudest when he dutifully trots out the old NKOTB tunes, you have only yourselves to blame if there's a re-re-mix disc in the future.

The pseudo-acoustic theme of the evening actually amplified Godsmack's main weakness - stunted creativity. Too many songs stick to the same limited range of rhythms, vocal lines, lyrical subjects and even guitar riffs. With band members seated on stools and Erna scaling back his traditional extended solo at the drum kit - this time it was bongos, thanks very much - there was little to distract from the monotony of the band's repertoire.

Lock up your karaoke machines and get out your spiffiest Simon-style turtleneck: Season Three winner Fantasia, who recently dropped her last name in the spirit of true divadom, first-season finalist Tamyra Gray and other "American Idol" stars, including Diana DeGarmo, La Toya London and John Stevens, are coming to town. Sponsored by Pop-Tarts - oh, the jokes we could make! - this is the summer's must-see concert for fans of the popular TV show, as well as anyone who appreciates a little histrionics on the mic.

Falling in the spoof-metal spectrum somewhere between the out-and-out mockery of Spinal Tap and the bloated self-importance of The Darkness, Andrew W.K.'s love of power chord-based hedonism arguably is more sincere than most. After getting the buzz party started with his 2001 release "I Get Wet," W.K. continued to indulge in his personal rock star with last year's "The Wolf." Songs such as "Long Live the Party," "Make Sex" and "I Love Music" pretty much sum up the uncomplicated singer's manifesto.

Back
Top Bottom