post your favorite hair metal song

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
I'm halfway tempted to start this but I was never a hair metal enthusiast.

We'd need thee dog named Reg for this. :hmm:

WTF...no one ever alerted me to this thread...:shame:

Oh geez fave Hair Metal song...where the f*ck do I begin...:hyper:

Mötley of course...but do I go with 'Looks That Kill'...or 'Home Sweet Home'...wait 'Wildside' kicks ass and takes no prisoners...while 'Girl Don't Go Away Mad (Just Go Away)' is a Pop-Metal masterpiece...:rockon:

And then you get into Poison who were a Chick Metal Band...but gave us the Rock N' Roll All Nite for the 80's 'Nothing But A Good Time' and of course 'Every Rose Has Its Thorn'.

How could we not mention Def Leppard and their string of 80's masterpieces from 'Saturday Night (High and Dry)', 'Let It Rock', 'Photograph', ''Rock of Ages' and 2/3 of "Hysteria"...:faint:

Then we have Quiet Riot...:bow:...oh sure the singer was the biggest blowhard Metal singer ever...but come on deny the power of 'Metal Health (Bang Your Head)' or 'Cum On Feel The Noize'...I dare you.

Bon Jovi...'Runaway', their best ever...:shifty:...Wanted Dead or Alive, You Give Love a Bad Name, Bad Medicine and the quintessential 'Livin' on a Prayer'.

Kiss had some hits and misses in the Hair Metal era...none as good as 'Lick It Up'...laugh at the title, but you'll find yourself humming the next day...and lest we forget their hymm 'Heaven's On Fire'.

Tesla was the best Hair Metal Band that wasn't really Hair Metal...'Love Song', 'Modern Day Cowboy', 'Hang Tough', 'Heaven's Trail (No Way Out), 'What You Give'...:drool:

Then we have all the rest...Dokken...Hurricane...The Scorpions...Skid Row...LA Guns...Kix...Keel...Enuf 'Z Nuff...Trixter...Great White ( :sad: )...oh shit I could go on and on...ask LMPA...:yes:

Snowlock said:
KISS
Lick It Up
Heaven’s On Fire
Tears Are Falling
Uh! All Night
Tears Are Falling

:tsk:

add "Let's put the X in Sex" and "I Wanna Huh", which was in the early 90's, but had all the 80's feel

FINALLY a B&C Survivor worthwhile :drool:

I saw the mighty AC/DC being mentioned as hair metal over here :tsk:

I would nominate The Darkness :up:

Even Ozzy was guilty of some coked up hair metal. I'll always have a soft spot for blond haired Ozzy belting out Shot in the Dark.

AC/DC and Ozzy were never Hair Metal.

To my recollection, if chicks didn't think the guys in the band were hot, it wasn't Hair Metal :wink:

Ok, then how bout Fool For Your Loving by Whitesnake off their Slip of the Tongue album from 1989. For this album, Steve Vai was their lead guitarist/hired gun and his playing during this song is fuckin sweet!

Reggie Thee Dog said:

WTF...no one ever alerted me to this thread...:shame:

Oh geez fave Hair Metal song...where the f*ck do I begin...:hyper:

Mötley of course...but do I go with 'Looks That Kill'...or 'Home Sweet Home'...wait 'Wildside' kicks ass and takes no prisoners...while 'Girl Don't Go Away Mad (Just Go Away)' is a Pop-Metal masterpiece...:rockon:

And then you get into Poison who were a Chick Metal Band...but gave us the Rock N' Roll All Nite for the 80's 'Nothing But A Good Time' and of course 'Every Rose Has Its Thorn'.

How could we not mention Def Leppard and their string of 80's masterpieces from 'Saturday Night (High and Dry)', 'Let It Rock', 'Photograph', ''Rock of Ages' and 2/3 of "Hysteria"...:faint:

Then we have Quiet Riot...:bow:...oh sure the singer was the biggest blowhard Metal singer ever...but come on deny the power of 'Metal Health (Bang Your Head)' or 'Cum On Feel The Noize'...I dare you.

Bon Jovi...'Runaway', their best ever...:shifty:...Wanted Dead or Alive, You Give Love a Bad Name, Bad Medicine and the quintessential 'Livin' on a Prayer'.

Kiss had some hits and misses in the Hair Metal era...none as good as 'Lick It Up'...laugh at the title, but you'll find yourself humming the next day...and lest we forget their hymm 'Heaven's On Fire'.

Tesla was the best Hair Metal Band that wasn't really Hair Metal...'Love Song', 'Modern Day Cowboy', 'Hang Tough', 'Heaven's Trail (No Way Out), 'What You Give'...:drool:

Then we have all the rest...Dokken...Hurricane...The Scorpions...Skid Row...LA Guns...Kix...Keel...Enuf 'Z Nuff...Trixter...Great White ( :sad: )...oh shit I could go on and on...ask LMPA...:yes:

This post ftmfw. Reg :heart:

MrPryck2U said:
Ok, then how bout Fool For Your Loving by Whitesnake off their Slip of the Tongue album from 1989. For this album, Steve Vai was their lead guitarist/hired gun and his playing during this song is fuckin sweet!

Yes, yes!!! And then we have to add David Lee Roth 1986 - 1988 into the Hair Metal genre. With Vai as the lead axeman, and Billy Sheenan on bass...:drool: Dave looked like a drag queen during this time...but not as bad as the sacred Ozzy during the "Ultimate Sin" and "No Rest For The Wicked" period...he looked like your grandma or something.

And as much as I'd like to lump AC/DC into the Hair Metal genre, they are a working man's band and do not belong in this genre...:no:

Still I nominate Mötley Crüe as the undisputed Kings of Hair Metal...someone give me an argument why they shouldn't be...:yes:

:evil:

April...:flirt:

Is Def Leppard hair metal? Really? :shifty:

What about Iron Maiden then?

Can I Play With Madness?!! :rockon:

...or The Clairvoyant. :love:

Zootlesque said:
Is Def Leppard hair metal? Really? :shifty:

What about Iron Maiden then?

Can I Play With Madness?!! :rockon:

...or The Clairvoyant. :love:

I'd say that Maiden are just metal, sans the hair.

Speaking of Def Leppard, please don't go the way of Bon Jovi! :scream:

Their new single, Nine Lives featuring Tim McGraw. :|

Kinda catchy, regardless of McGraw's appearance. It reminds me a lot of Armageddon It.

Zootlesque said:
Def Leppard have become shit since their album called X or whatever came out.

They've only had one album since then, haven't they? Or was their covers album included in there?

I dunno. I haven't bought anything by them since Euphoria, and I think I listened to that one once. :shrug: Prior to that, I have their entire catalogue.

ETA - Just checked, that one album after X was their covers album.

Lep is "Hair Metal"...good gawd look at Steve Clarks hair in "Love Bites" for proof.

Actually Poison and Lep turned into "Chick Metal"...it rocked, but it was a little too girl friendly...not that there's anything wrong with that.

Maiden is NOT Hair Metal in anyway, shape or form. Maiden is "Classical Metal"...with those intricate guitar riffs, and songs of Demons, Indians, and flying Icaruses...:yes:

^^ Yeah I heard that the covers album was really good! Haven't personally listened to it myself but what little I heard of X sounded way too poppy for their own good. :wink: Euphoria freaking rocked though! I can't get enough of that album!

Reggie Thee Dog said:
Maiden is NOT Hair Metal in anyway, shape or form. Maiden is "Classical Metal"...with those intricate guitar riffs, and songs of Demons, Indians, and flying Icaruses...:yes:

True but Maiden is so damn cheesy that they blur the boundary between hair metal and heavy metal. :wink: I cannot take their albums seriously like I do say, Metallica's albums.

Zootlesque said:
^^ Yeah I heard that the covers album was really good! Haven't personally listened to it myself but what little I heard of X sounded way too poppy for their own good. :wink: Euphoria freaking rocked though! I can't get enough of that album!

Actually, I haven't really liked much that they've done since Retro Active. That's the last album I ever spent any amount of time listening to. I think that I just sort of got turned off of their genre around the mid 90's, and stopped paying attention, really.

I'd be curious to hear their covers album too, I looked it up and their are some great songs on there.

They just postponed a show in this area a few weeks ago, one I nearly bought tickets to for old times sake. I heard about the postponement and looked them up. After just a couple of listens, I do have to say I like the new single more than anything I've heard by them since the early 90's. Sounds like a return to their classic sound, even if they've included a dollop of nu-country in there, to make it palatable for their aging fans. :yuck:

Good assessment, Reg :up:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom