Post your CTL+V

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
cracker.jpg

:shifty: It's for a Zoo Confessionals thread! :madspit:

Last edited:
1. I Will Follow vs Gloria vs Sunday Bloody Sunday vs A Sort Of Homecoming vs Where The Streets Have No Name vs Van Diemen's Land vs Zoo Station vs Zooropa vs Discotheque vs Beautiful Day vs Vertigo

Winner: Streets by a nose over ASOH. Do I even need to explain? We all know how Streets is an absolute classic.

2. Twilight vs I Fall Down vs Seconds vs Pride vs I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For vs Desire vs Even Better Than The Real Thing vs Babyface vs Do You Feel Loved vs Stuck In A Moment vs Miracle Drug

Winner: Twilight. What an absolute gem of a song! It's one of the best from Boy and full of energy.

3. An Cat Dubh vs I Threw A Brick Through A Window vs New Year's Day vs Wire vs With Or Without You vs Hawkmoon 269 vs One vs Numb vs Mofo vs Elevation vs Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own

Winner: New Year's Day - soaring and incredible. Edge absolutely shines, and Adam's bass line is one of his most distinctively identifiable.

4. Into The Heart vs Rejoice vs Like A Song vs The Unforgettable Fire vs Bullet The Blue Sky vs Angel Of Harlem vs Until The End Of The World vs Lemon vs If God Will Send His Angels vs Walk On vs Love And Peace Or Else

Winner: The Unforgettable Fire, a sweeping, atmospheric masterpiece. Honourable mention to Like A Song.

5. Out Of Control vs Fire vs Drowning Man vs Promenade vs Running To Stand Still vs Love Rescue Me vs Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses vs Stay vs Staring At The Sun vs Kite vs City Of Blinding Lights

Winner: Promenade. Such a lovely, understated gem full of atmosphere.

6. Stories For Boys vs Tomorrow vs The Refugee vs 4th Of July vs Red Hill Mining Town vs When Love Comes To Town vs So Cruel vs Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car vs Last Night On Earth vs In A Little While vs All Because Of You

Winner: Red Hill Mining Town by a nose over Tomorrow. They are both absolute classics that are undeservedly overlooked. RHMT should have been JT's second big hit, not ISHFWILF.

7. The Ocean vs October vs Two Hearts Beat As One vs Bad vs In God's Country vs Heartland vs The Fly vs Some Days Are Better Than Others vs Gone vs Wild Honey vs A Man And A Woman

Winner: tie between Bad and Heartland, and huge honourable mentions to The Fly and Gone. Bad's an epic and everyone knows all about my love for Heartland. I refuse to pick.

8. A Day Without Me vs With A Shout vs Red Light vs Indian Summer Sky vs Trip Through Your Wires vs God Part II vs Mysterious Ways vs The First Time vs Miami vs Peace On Earth vs Crumbs From Your Table

Winner: God Part II, one of U2's strongest rockers, both musically and lyrically.

9. Another Time, Another Place vs Stranger In A Strange Land vs Surrender vs Elvis Presley And America vs One Tree Hill vs All I Want Is You vs Tryin' To Throw Your Arms Around The World vs Dirty Day vs The Playboy Mansion vs When I Look At The World vs One Step Closer

Winner: One Tree Hill, U2's best song.

10. The Electric Co. vs Scarlet vs 40 vs MLK vs Exit vs Ultra Violet vs The Wanderer vs If You Wear That Velvet Dress vs New York vs Original Of The Species

Winner: The Electric Co., another fantastic rocker. Honourable mentions to the gorgeous and understated Scarlet and the lyrically strong Wanderer.

11. Shadows And Tall Trees vs Is That All? vs Mothers Of The Disappeared vs Acrobat vs Please vs Grace vs Yahweh

Winner: Acrobat, a masterpiece in all ways.

12. Love Is Blindness vs Wake Up Dead Man vs The Ground Beneath Her Feet vs Fast Cars

Winner: Wake Up Dead Man, for the depth of what's hidden in its music and Bono's incredibly strong lyrics, some of his best. Honourable mention to Love Is Blindness.

We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true.
Robert Wilensky, speech at a 1996 conference

Back
Top Bottom