post the name and/or cover of an album you find horridly underrated

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There's certainly absolutely nothing wrong with Hanson's album in terms of listenable pop music, but if I was going to name under-rated pop albums, I would probably think of Prefrab Sprout before Hanson.

corianderstem said:
The Smashing Pumpkins overtook Frampton Comes Alive and the Saturday Night Fever soundtrack?

Man, the part of my brain devoted to music trivia is too far behind the times. :(

Some of these picks are terrible. There's no way in the world Mellon Collie is underrated.

Well, there are just no parameters in place to measure something as "underrated" or "overrated."

Like the music you like to listen to, this is all just wonderfully subjective.

let_it_be.jpg

I attempted to post the cover, but am hopelessly inept, so I'll just say Marshall Crenshaw's debut album rocked...

Last edited:
Regarding Middle Of Nowhere, if that has Man From Milwaukee on it, the album is a fucking classic....

I know MFM was a b-side to MMM Bop, which in itself, was a decent song....

Where's The Love was a bit of fun....but I Will Come To You was shite

Aygo, I'll give you American Life, but I didn't like Erotica.

And I'm Breathless? You know I love Madonna, but that one gets a big :huh: from me.

:wink:

BonoIsMyMuse, I love you. :heart:

Wrecking Ball is one of my favorite albums, EVER. It's so beautiful.

I also like that Lucinda Williams record. I have her new one but haven't yet listened to it. I've read great things about it.

corianderstem said:
Aygo, I'll give you American Life, but I didn't like Erotica.

And I'm Breathless? You know I love Madonna, but that one gets a big :huh: from me.

:wink:
Erotica is underrated. Why? Because (some) songs talk explicitly about sex? It has some of her greatest tunes.
The same for American Life. The title track may not be the best, but has really people heard the album totaly? Probably not, it's her best album IMO.
Breathless is very good too, she provided great vocals in here and the jazzy/40's sound is very nice.

namkcuR said:
there are some damn good pop songs here....'Man From Milwaukee', 'Where's The Love', 'Yearbook', 'Madeline', 'Minute Without You', 'I Will Come To You, Weird', and of course, 'MMMBop', among others.

I remember liking MMMBop and Where's The Love on MTV :reject: :wink:

Third Eye Blind is coming to my town next month. I didn't even realize they're still together. If tickets were cheaper than $25, I might consider going.

B00005AREX.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Pete Yorn's debut is nothing original, the lyrics are decent, the music is good but nothing spectacular...yet, knowing all of this I can't help but love this album so much. It's simply a solid album from start to finish, I never find myself skipping any songs and this is one of my most played albums. Simple, fresh, & beautiful.

Back
Top Bottom