Post a great moment!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DeadMansParty

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Mine was today. My friends that work by me just had a 3 week year old boy, Adien. Its at a tattoo shop and its Phil who runs the place, his wife brought little Adien into the shop to meet us all. He has the best little blue eyes youve ever seen. They had me hold him and he was kicking and screaming and crying, so I sang " sing me to sleep" by the Smiths in his ear, and he stopped crying and looked at me and smiled. and he never took his eyes off of me as I sang to him. They were like, how did you do that. haha. It was so cute, holding such a little baby. Anyways just a good feeling. Post yours!

:cute: you're available to babysit now? :hyper:

well today I got in touch with a friend I hadn't seen in a long time. She's moving to Belgium in a couple weeks and I caught her just in time to see her at least one last time before she goes. That's pretty good :)

What a sweet idea for a thread, Ricky.
So many views, but 1 response...? :hmm:

Well here is my most recent great moment:
Teaching my 21 year old son, Sebastian to blow a bubble gum bubble.
It was soooo funny and yet poignant, because it should be something that comes so naturally.
But it is difficult for him to get the concept because of his mental abilities, no matter how I try and teach him.
So, we were sitting in the car, and he was flattening the gum out, but not understanding how to bring the gum over his tongue...
We were laughing so hard, and he just kept trying so hard to blow this flat piece of gum into a bubble, just having the time of our lives.
He FINALLY got the gum to go over his tongue, but blew it out of his mouth. :lmao:

Maybe you had to be there, but these are things most people take for absolute granted, and I cherish it all.

I just fall in love with my boy/man child every single moment of every single day.

I passed a certification test that I was really really REALLY convinced I was going to fail (as in, I already failed twice and did no more studying this time around b/c I was so busy).

What a wonderful thread and amazing stories. I really haven't had a lot of great moments lately which is why I enjoy reading yours here and hope for something nice to happen for a change.

Hmm, well actually something made me rather happy today. I've been pretty stressed about my thesis and graduating by the end of the this year. I was talking to a teacher about my thoughts and worries and she took me by surprise by telling me that she's always found me the most talented in her class and that she is sure I'll be able to do everything on time and graduate when I want. Hearing that made me so glad and gave me a lot more confidence, especially as it came from someone who I respect a lot. :)

Last edited:
JCOSTER said:
Anytime my niece says, I love you to me for no reason at all. It's special because she's not my own child.

I feel the same way about my little nephew. The greatest moment was when he finally called me 'Auntie' for the first time. :heart:

hearing daisy play bass to a song she's practicing is always a great moment.

its not really a great moment but recently ive been creating some guitar solos....and i havent been able to do that before
:D

Getting my graduation degree! I felt like a great accomplishment when I walked across the stage with the others who were on the deans list. :yippie:

Another one would be when I go home over the summers and spend quality time with my parents... we're so unbelievably close and I really cherish the moments.

Sicy said:

I feel the same way about my little nephew. The greatest moment was when he finally called me 'Auntie' for the first time. :heart:

my niece calls me by my first name, she always forgets the aunt, but thats ok. I'll be the cool aunt. :giggle:

Maddy's basketball league had their all-star game on Saturday. Each coach gets a certain number of players on their team depending how they finished for the season. There were many really great players on the team, so she didn't make the team. But we always go to watch no matter what. And each year at half-time, they give out an award for the 'Heart Of A Champion'

Each year CYBA gives an award to one 8th grade girl and one 8th grade boy who best exemplifies the sportsmanship and work ethic ideals of the founding fathers. The award is called "The Heart of a Champion."

So my husband and I knew she was chosen about 3 weeks ago. So at half time, one of the league guys gave a little speech & then called her down to present her with this glass plaque with her name on it and I believe it says her name and 'most inspirational player'. It was so cool! And then of course they have an all-star jersey for her and she gets to play the last 3 periods (the all-star game is 6 periods). And afterwards so many people came up to congratulate her. I'm so proud! Maddy said that even days later people were still congratulating her. I was at a school meeting tonight and one of the other basketball players' moms came up to her & congratulated her. :) :) :)

DMP that is an awesome moment you had with that baby :cute:

A great recent moment for me was on the day U23D was released. I asked my 2 teen kids to go with me, they reluctantly agreed, if they could also buy tickets to see Cloverfield that evening after seeing U23D. After u2 was over and the lights came up they sat there in sort of stunned silence and both turned to me and said "Can we please exchange our Cloverfield tickets and see U23D again tonight?" :ohmy:
They and their best friend are now big U2 fans.

I just got goosebumps reading this story from my local newspaper. In a time when the news always seems to be focusing on bad things, it's so great to read something so miraculously good:

DANBY — Laura McEver, 29, was two months behind on house payments when a $1,000 check arrived in the mail last Thursday.

She and a friend thought it was a hoax, but the cashier's check was legitimate. It came in a package with the movie, “Pay It Forward,” based on the 2000 book of the same title, by Catherine Ryan Hyde.

The full story is here

Congratulations, Maddy! :applaud:

Great stories! :up:

I'm training for a 10k run that's coming up next month. It's been very difficult at times, but I've stuck with it. I talk with my parents at least once a week, since we're very close friends. They're aware of my progress on this.

My dad sent me an email yesterday, and it made me cry. He basically was saying how proud of me he is, and listed several of my accomplishments in the last few years and affirmed all my hard work and effort that I put into each thing. It really meant a lot to me to have this beautifully worded email filled with encouragement and love. I love my dad! :heart:

ThoraSEB said:
My dad sent me an email yesterday, and it made me cry. He basically was saying how proud of me he is, and listed several of my accomplishments in the last few years and affirmed all my hard work and effort that I put into each thing. It really meant a lot to me to have this beautifully worded email filled with encouragement and love. I love my dad! :heart:

:heart:

You're very lucky to have that relationship. That's so nice. Good luck with your run. :hug:

Beautiful stories everyone, they honestly bring a lump to my throat.
I get a lot of crap in the way of thinly-veiled putdowns in journal entries, smart ass remarks in threads,
and a general ignoring of many people on here because I post only good things and good moments about whats going on in my life.
I am sickingly positive and try to have only good things to say.
Quite the contrast to a depressed, saddened mess I was a while back.
But again, there are a clique of people (and you know who you are), that seem to believe it is narcissism or arrogance on my part,
when really, I just give out what I want back...only good and only love.
Why would I want anyone to know about all my downfalls, shortcomings and failures? And I do have them.
I love hearing about all the good and precious moments in ALL your lives, thank you for sharing and again, thank you Ricky.

Lila, that must have been a moment that felt like no other.
Congratulations to Maddy for her accomplishments in the sport, and to you for bringing up such a dedicated and strong young woman.

ThoraSEB said:
Great stories! :up:

I'm training for a 10k run that's coming up next month. It's been very difficult at times, but I've stuck with it. I talk with my parents at least once a week, since we're very close friends. They're aware of my progress on this.

That's so crazy - I TOO am training for my 1st 10K race next month - it's not the Catalina State Park Race is it???

Some great moments

1) taking a nap with my son when he was 2 days old

2) Getting an A+ on my thesis, knowing all my hard work had paid off

3) completing my 1st race, I almost cried when I rounded the corner and saw the finish line.

4) producing 'The Laramie Project' despite protests from certain community members. Watching my students fight for something they believed in, often side-by-side with their parents.

This thread is a really great read and warms my heart. :heart:

zuropa_fit said:

That's so crazy - I TOO am training for my 1st 10K race next month - it's not the Catalina State Park Race is it???

Right on! :hi5:

Nope, I'm doing the Vancouver Sun Run in BC (Canada). Not sure where you are, but that's awesome! Good luck in your training!

I was offered the MT position I wanted at a Dr.'s office.
There were 7 other people that were interviewed, but he only needed 1 person for it, and I was hired on the spot after my second interview.
That was a great feeling.

Last edited:
bonocomet said:
DMP that is an awesome moment you had with that baby :cute:

A great recent moment for me was on the day U23D was released. I asked my 2 teen kids to go with me, they reluctantly agreed, if they could also buy tickets to see Cloverfield that evening after seeing U23D. After u2 was over and the lights came up they sat there in sort of stunned silence and both turned to me and said "Can we please exchange our Cloverfield tickets and see U23D again tonight?" :ohmy:
They and their best friend are now big U2 fans.

RAD!

Back
Top Bottom