Portishead New Album!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Basstrap

ONE love, blood, life
I can't believe I missed this bit of news!!

A PH album before christmas,2003...maybe even in the spring!!

AND
a Beth Gibbons solo album which this article says will be very moving

Portishead to release new album

no,nevermind!!

I remember reading that on Pitchforkmedia now!

haven't heard it though

Woah duuude!!!! so cool! something to be excited about! i wasn't really expecting to hear anything new from them. hadn't heard of the beth gibbons tho.. have to check it out.

Last edited:
weird.. i've been looking around online and I can't find ANY information about this even though it was supposed to be out around now. THIS IS A MYSTERY OF GIGANTIC PROPORTIONS

I have portishead's "Dummy"... is their second album worth getting? I heard it's not that good. :reject:

Dummy is definately better (in my mind) but their second is still pretty good... if you like the first one you'll likely like it, too.

Portishead have yet to better "Dummy". I have heard some of Beth Gibbons' solo stuff (frankly was of the impression that Portishead were in indefinite limbo) and it's very enticing.

Portishead's second (self-titled) album was um.... well made. I don't know, it felt like, as one reviewer put it, 'sides three and four of Dummy'. There were some very good songs but it seemed to lack the old-soul vibe of the first album and just kinda descend into doom-and-gloom for the sake of it. Painfully so.

Back
Top Bottom