Port St. John, Florida Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Because the internet is more important, right?! :scream:

And I'm sick. Made worse by the fact that EVERYONE at uni seems to want to smoke all over me :yuck: Can't wait until next year when smoking is banned on campus!

What the hell is with smoking on campus. I remember that stunned me in my first year of university. I figured it would be banned. But noooo.

Because the internet is more important, right?! :scream:

And I'm sick. Made worse by the fact that EVERYONE at uni seems to want to smoke all over me :yuck: Can't wait until next year when smoking is banned on campus!

Internet/Phone, whatevs, I'm doing the same thing with both. But yeah, I've been preoccupied. :shifty:

That sucks :(. I haven't been feeling my best, but it's never fun hearing someone's ill :hug:

What the hell is with smoking on campus. I remember that stunned me in my first year of university. I figured it would be banned. But noooo.

I was surprised myself. And they've got one of those "50 ft. from doors" policies here, but no one follows it. All of my friends in film seem to smoke, and they all do it RIGHT in front of the door, near the chairs where we all hang out before class, so I've turned into a right second-hand smoker. The best part is there is an ash tray there. That's a big fuck you from campus if you ask me.

I was surprised myself. And they've got one of those "50 ft. from doors" policies here, but no one follows it. All of my friends in film seem to smoke, and they all do it RIGHT in front of the door, near the chairs where we all hang out before class, so I've turned into a right second-hand smoker. The best part is there is an ash tray there. That's a big fuck you from campus if you ask me.

I'm not sure if UQ or Melbourne have had policies - I've never looked it up anyway. I assume it's banned indoors but I see people doing it all around campus outside. I just expected it would be outright banned on the grounds of an educational institution!

Much worse, though, is the Royal Melbourne Hospital. I've bitched about this before. It's on my walk to uni and the smokers all congregate and block the footpath outside the main entrance. Well, it WAS on my walk to uni. My tram stop got moved to the other side of Grattan St so now I don't have go past them, thank god. I wasn't enjoying the secondhand smoke.

I'm not sure if UQ or Melbourne have had policies - I've never looked it up anyway. I assume it's banned indoors but I see people doing it all around campus outside. I just expected it would be outright banned on the grounds of an educational institution!

Much worse, though, is the Royal Melbourne Hospital. I've bitched about this before. It's on my walk to uni and the smokers all congregate and block the footpath outside the main entrance. Well, it WAS on my walk to uni. My tram stop got moved to the other side of Grattan St so now I don't have go past them, thank god. I wasn't enjoying the secondhand smoke.

Yeah, I mean, the film building is where almost ALL of my classes are, and I usually walk through a cloud of smoke to get there. If I want to stand outside with my friends, then I'm going to be smoking with all four or five of them as well, not by choice.

Ugh, it's so disgusting. Everyone smokes in the outside areas of cafes on campus - I reckon it's people's own decision if they want to smoke, but they ought to have enough respect to avoid eating areas etc! I had to get up and leave in the end because I couldn't stop coughing! :yuck: I thought the campus would have been made smokefree years ago, but nooo. Next year it will be, and they're supposedly fining smokers if they catch 'em.

This floor plan is not going well. I need to know the dimensions of a living room, a foyer, a kitchen, a patio, a back porch...:'(.

Oh, I just remembered, my lecturer mentioned a place today which I thought would be a good ST location. I shall use it next time I make the thread :hmm:

We need to stop this thread being comatose and get there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom