Popped Collars

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

randhail

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Does anyone actually understand why people are popping their collars? Don't these people deserved to be kicked in the nuts for this stupid trend?

I liked you already, randhail, but my respect for you has gone up ten fold just because of this thread.

Anyone in a pink shirt with a popped collar is an automatic douchebag.

This may be an urban legend, but I heard that it means you're looking for sex. If someone comes up to you and puts your collar down, they will have sex with you.

inmyplace13 said:
I liked you already, randhail, but my respect for you has gone up ten fold just because of this thread.

mmm-hmm. you would hate 75% of the guys from my school. :crack:

Fonzie.jpg

Only the Fonz can pull it off

^ I've never heard that one JA. :hmm:
There are very few people who can pull off this look. Most end up looking like douchebags like imp13 said.

I've got nothing against pink shirts though.

inmyplace13 said:

Thanks for the support. :wave:

The one thing worse than the pink shirt is the people with 2 polo shirts on and both collars popped. First off, why would you wear 2 polo shirts? I just don't get it.

Palace_Hero said:

Do you have any idea how offensive that may came across? That was worse than my generalisation about Scottish people and alcoholism, and that was atleast funny.

which I (a Scotsman and living in Scotland), for the record, wasn't offended by. There was truth in your funny comment.

Palace_Hero said:
Thanks for that. All I did was tweak a Simpsons joke anyway!

Though it is water under the bridge now and does no one any help arguing whether it was offensive. All I'm saying as this was a malicious comment that I'm definately offended by.

i've done the 'popping' thing (never heard of that term before) and it all depends on the shirt I'm wearing...it might look better that way so i'll wear it like that. sometimes shirts look extremely stupid if the collars are folded down conventionally.

i must be a 'douchebag' but a part-time one at that.

oh look, everyone is agreeing.

lets face it, people can't carry it off as cool as Palace_Hero, myself or the Fonz :wink:

This was popular at least 2-3 years ago when I was in undergrad and I've always hated it. And still have to deal with on it my new campus now which is predominantly undergrads :|

to judge someone on how they dress is elitist. i remember hearing Bono on an Irish talk show back in 1989 (lol, the 80s!) having a go at an audience member who had raised the question about how U2 fans dress or were having a go at him for how he dressed.

paraphrasing Bono:

"I don't think U2 fans would be laughing at you for how you dress, I think you were probably laughing at them. it's elitist"

Why do people pop them? Is it for protection from vampires? To keep their necks warm? If so, why not just where a turtleneck.

There are simple rules in life:

Don't put ice in beer
Don't piss in the wind
Don't pop your collar

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom