Poowong, Victoria Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:yikes:

...Crap. There was something I was gonna look for on eBay...:scratch: The hell was it?

I need to look for a new laser lens for my PS3 :(

Or a whole new fucking drive which will be really bad.

If all I need to do is replace the drive, I can easily do it myself. But it's going to cost me $50, and possibly my sanity.

God, I wish I was better at writing cover letters. There are so many jobs I feel WELL qualified for, but I'm afraid my cover letters are sinking me.

It would probably cost you the warranty as well. Can't send it back to Sony? Or some local repair place.

I bought it off eBay and it's WELL past its warranty, and when I received it, it never even had its warranty sticker.

Sony will fix it for $130

So will a repair place.

I know how to fix it myself, but I need to know for sure first that the disc drive isn't married to the motherboard, or I'm wasting my time.

I also want to try calling Sony first, because some European PS3 owners did so and Sony replaced the lens for free. I'm pretty sure my motor died, and not the lens, but it's worth a shot.

Eh, I hate dealing with this sort of stuff. Which is why I bit the bullet and just bought a new one.

The Yellow Light error was like a $300+ fix over here.

I'm not paying more than $100 to fix this thing, it only cost me $200. But there's no way I can buy a new one anytime soon.

I can still use it for shit, Netflix and the browser, but it pisses me off because I'd just bought two new games

My buddy Eric is studying electronics and mechanics. Too bad we're half a country away...

Still devoid of ideas. :happy:

:hmm: Post 123,456...

You could post every Sesame Street 6 counting video. Or make a post that's exactly 123,456 characters (or words). you could simply count to 123,456...

Wait, I know. Post just the number 7.

123,456.....7 :laugh:

I'm easily entertained.

:lmao: Have you guys seen Cookie Monster's audition tape to host Saturday Night Live? OMG. I'd love to see that.

THEY DRESSED COOKIE MONSTER UP AS LADY GAGA. IN A COOKIE DRESS. WITH EYESHADOW AND LASHES.

I think I have a new avatar...

No, but for some reason that reminded me that as soon as I'm done with this album (Slowdive, Souvlaki), I need to show Travis the Turkey Drop episode of WKRP in Cincinnati. He's never seen it, and Jesus, it's just the greatest thing to ever happen on television.

Can't read my
Can't read my
No, he can't read my cookie face

You could write a 123,456 character essay on why you love trains.

I'm almost crazy enough to do this.

Wait, I know. Post just the number 7.

123,456.....7 :laugh:

I'm easily entertained.

:lol:

Tempting.

You could give me $123,456.

I'll raid the Monopoly money jar now!

No, but for some reason that reminded me that as soon as I'm done with this album (Slowdive, Souvlaki), I need to show Travis the Turkey Drop episode of WKRP in Cincinnati. He's never seen it, and Jesus, it's just the greatest thing to ever happen on television.

What do you think of Souvlaki?

Albums from the 90s I hadn't heard but now have:

Top Albums:
1. James – Laid JJJ

2. The Magnetic Fields – Holiday J J ½
3. Yo La Tengo – I Can Hear The Heart Beating As One J J ¼

4. Slowdive – Souvlaki J J
5. Ben Folds Five –Whatever And Ever Amen J J
6. The Magnetic Fields – 69 Love Songs J J
7. Massive Attack – Mezzanine J J
8. The Magnetic Fields – Distant Plastic Trees J J
9. Super Furry Animals – Radiator J J
10. Elliott Smith – Either/Or J J
11. Supergrass – I Should Coco J J
12. Teenage Fanclub – Bandwagonesque J J
13. Sleeper – The It Girl J J

14. My Bloody Valentine – Loveless J ½
15. Wilco – Summerteeth J ½
16. Tragically Hip – Fully Completely J ½

17. DJ Shadow – Endtroducing J
18. Nas – Illmatic J
19. Weezer – Pinkerton J
20. Sigur Ros – Agaetis Byrjun J

21. Manic Street Preachers – The Holy Bible :\

22. They Might Be Giants – Flood K
23. The Chills – Submarine Bells K
24. Green Day – Dookie K

25. Cornershop – When I was Born for the 7th Time L
26. Neutral Milk Hotel – In The Aeroplane Over the Sea L

It's a very complicated rating system, but on Word, those Js turn into smiley faces, the Ks are Ambivalent straight line faces :)|) and the Ls are :( faces.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom