Poowong, Victoria Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Axver said:
Some new blood (or just new listeners) would be cool. And a Return Of The Liam would be cool too.

:lol: Return Of Liam Guitar!

Btw, I filmed North Star and Pride last night. Videos will go up at some point when I get back to shepp. Pride ends abruptly cause I thought a security guard was telling me off....turned out he was just telling the dude on someones shoulders off :doh:

Still managed to get the whole song though.

I'd go home if I were you, Reggo.

Daniel, cool stuff! Will be looking forward to the videos.

And shit, I just realised two artists in my "never used them before" DI list HAVE been used before. I think I can unhappily cut one, but the other is pretty essential to a transition I have going.

My DI list is nowhere near ready. I have no inspiration for this one at all. I had everything riding on the last list, and now I'm stuck starting from scratch practically.

I have a couple of old lists lying around, but they aren't terribly good, so this is somewhat from scratch for me. It's from the ashes of an old "only new artists" list, but doesn't look much like it in most parts.

I've decided I'm going to violate my "only new artists" rule to keep Headless Chickens as the transition from chillwave to the alt-rock/indie rock finale.

Think I'm going to have to give The Go-Betweens the chop though, which will hurt my jangle pop section. :(

Geez, that DI thing sounds kind of fun. Wish I could join in except my music tastes haven't quite developed to the complexity and the variety of others - in other words, I don't listen to enough different artists.

Maybe next year.

Hell, Vlad, most of what I listen to could be considered the worst kind of popular tripe. Doesn't stop me. Can't decide whether to submit my punk list or my mindfuck list.

Man, Vladelaide misses all the tours. First you miss U2, now I see Doves are skipping you in February! You must be heartbroken!

Next thing you know, some Glorious Motherland Rock Band will come down here and play 20 shows in Sydney, Melbourne, Perth, Launceston, Coober Pedy, and Kalgoorlie, and none in Adelaide.

Hell, Vlad, most of what I listen to could be considered the worst kind of popular tripe. Doesn't stop me. Can't decide whether to submit my punk list or my mindfuck list.

Not exactly what I mean, I don't have enough different artists to fill 160 minutes. :lol: But by the next time I probably will, and you'll have to be ready to be confused by strange but respectable Russian musics (Belarus doesn't have any bands I like :mad:).

Man, Vladelaide misses all the tours. First you miss U2, now I see Doves are skipping you in February! You must be heartbroken!

I was mad when I realised the 2 weren't coming, but I guess they can't have missed Perth for the second tour running. Now I'm holding onto Bono's unreliable words that they'll come here next time around.

As for Doves, I groaned when I discovered said news. I MEAN FOR THE SECOND TIME THEY MISS ADELAIDE. :angry:

Next thing you know, some Glorious Motherland Rock Band will come down here and play 20 shows in Sydney, Melbourne, Perth, Launceston, Coober Pedy, and Kalgoorlie, and none in Adelaide

I'll get Yuri Shevchuk and Vyacheslav Butusov and Alexander Vasilev to perform in my alfresco, just you wait and see. :wink:

:wave: Getting ready to check out, then it's off to the airport for me.

Luckily the bogans behind me stopped shoving a few songs in, and the ones who tried to push in later got pushed back again. Overall it was a pretty good night.

Even if I felt I was up to doing DI again, it's not an option until I has my own (and better) internetz.

No Alpine in your list, Ax? Or has their album not been officially released yet?

Or did I just miss seeing them in your list...

Sucks about the Doves, Vlad! You should travel...

Hey, since when did premiums have an ad down the bottom for some Interference mobile app?

And looks like we need to find a new location for the thread ...

Shall I take us somewhere unusual and off the beaten track then?

I was thinking something seasonally appropriate, perhaps?

Or Scandinavian. That could be grim.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom