Poowong, Victoria Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sigh. Just had a big ticket-buying fail experience for Kyuss.

Fail the first: Tried to get tickets on Ticketek's website less than a minute after they went on sale. Got an error about being unable to obtain tickets, despite it saying they were available. Kept trying to no avail.

Fail the second: Found out Moshtix was also selling. They were still available! Hooray, I think. I select two, whack in my details, click buy ... and THEN it tells me it's sold out. Apparently they don't reserve tickets while you buy, and in the time between selecting them and clicking buy, it had sold out.

Fail the third: Ticketek still says tickets available; still can't buy them. I phone them instead. Turns out the website just hadn't been updated and the show sold out in five minutes.

Goddamn. Oh well, it's not QUITE Kyuss per se, since Josh Homme isn't there, but I was pretty keen, and Charlotte even moreso. First time I've ever failed at buying tickets. Never had problems with bigger, more frantic sales like U2, or when Crowded House played the Forum!

What happened? My internet is acting whack and I'm baking (Pumpkin!!!!) for tomorrow. I hope everyone's ok :(

EDIT: Oh, the miners :(. yeah, after I heard about the gas yesterday, I kind of lost hope. I'm very sorry to hear about this. Mining is such a dangerous job.

!

This is all your fault, Superthread. Three years ago, when I was languishing in the 20,000s and almost going backwards, I'd have called bullshit on the suggestion that I'd ever make this sort of milestone, let alone be the first on Interference to get there.

Hey Ax, what are you and Char doing on Tuesday night?

I was going to give Ali her ticket for the Melbourne show on that night, and because its the official start to my holidays, I'd feel like getting out and about! Danny seemed kind of keen for something.

I wouldn't be down till like 7-7:30pm however. But yeah, dinner maybe some beverages would go down nicely!

Ok, I made pumpkin pie bars and a pumpkin cheesecake. Neither of them came out quite how I wanted, but I'm rather new to this baking thing.

Anyways, I'm quite proud of myself, and SOOO ready for Thanksgiving :hyper:

I bought this for Travis tonight too:

charlie-brown-christmas-tree.jpg

Can't wait to put it up :hyper:

I'm having quite the crappy day. Had to stand out in the rain for the best part of 5 hours. At least it wasn't freezing cold.

My girlfirend fiancée! is all upset because she hasn't got a job, may have to sell her car...and is just applying for centerlink. On the upside, we found out her mother, who found a lump in her chest last week has been given the all clear! :up:

Sorry about the bad, but yay for the good! :).

This.

Thanksgiving is always kind of a downer for me. Always has been. Dysfunctional families, ftw...I guess? I kinda wish I was going to Dave's instead of my aunt's. All my married cousins are going to talk about how wonderful it is being married, and one of 'em's supposedly preggers, and why haven't I gotten married yet and--*kills self* Although, I could throw it all in their face. I'm in an open, uncommitted relationship with Dave and we couldn't be happier together. Frankly, I think the whole Mormon thing of marrying the first guy who looks at you is ridiculous. How can you be sure you're compatible with someone after dating for two weeks? I've known Dave longer than any of them have known their husbands. Besides, at the rate we're going, we'll probably end up with kids before we get hitched, if we ever do. Won't that get their magic Mormon panties in a twist!

I'm sorry to hear that.

I'm just so close with my family and we have such an awesome time. Plus Travis gets to go with for the first time, and gaaaah I just love Thanksgiving.

Kinda why I'd like to be with a family that actually has fun on the holiday rather than...that. :| I mean, Dave's mom and dad are split up, but she still invites his dad over and they have dinner with her and Dave's stepdad and Dave's brothers and sisters and it seems to be pleasant. I mean, they actually converse with each other and like one another's company.

My aunt invites us out of obligation (my grandpa forces her to, since he foots the bill for the dinner [because she whines that they never have enough money when her husband's a {honest to god} rocket scientist pulling down four times what I make in a year]) and wants us out of her house as soon as possible. Not that it was any better when my mom and dad were together and we went to his mother's house and none of my dad's sister's family talked to us, either. Her sons would literally leave the room if you looked at them, they were that shy. My grandma was certifiably insane (her turtle and her dog talked to her) and hated my mom. Sigh.

I sort of understand why I'm so eager to start my own family. The one I've got is a clusterfuck.

Why do you go if it's that bad?

Cause they're family and we have to? I dunno. My mom insisted six ways to Sunday a month ago that we weren't going and we'd have our own little Thanksgiving here. So much for that. :rolleyes: I'll just take my iPod and text Dave the whole time. Ignore them instead of being ignored.

Hey Ax, what are you and Char doing on Tuesday night?

I was going to give Ali her ticket for the Melbourne show on that night, and because its the official start to my holidays, I'd feel like getting out and about! Danny seemed kind of keen for something.

I wouldn't be down till like 7-7:30pm however. But yeah, dinner maybe some beverages would go down nicely!

I'm keen! I don't exactly know where we'd go, but it's not like it's hard to find nice places to eat and drink around here :lol:

*runs into thread with eyes shut*

:wave:

Anyone interested in some sort of pre-gig Melbourne gathering next Tuesday night?

PM/text/email me :) (alisaura at gmail)

*runs out again with fingers in ears*

Alison, I love you coming in here being afraid of spoilers when none have actually been posted. :lol:

And yes, I'm all for Tuesday night good times!

Cause they're family and we have to? I dunno. My mom insisted six ways to Sunday a month ago that we weren't going and we'd have our own little Thanksgiving here. So much for that. :rolleyes: I'll just take my iPod and text Dave the whole time. Ignore them instead of being ignored.

That's what I did last year when I had Thanksgiving with my Uncle's wife's family. It was awkward.

Alison, I love you coming in here being afraid of spoilers when none have actually been posted. :lol:

And yes, I'm all for Tuesday night good times!

Effanbee did last night. :lol:

What's with all the Jay-Z fans suddenly coming out of the woodwork on the tour forum? Kind of annoying how those of us who genuinely don't like him and are dreading having to sit through him (for a whole fucking hour?!) in Melbourne and elsewhere are now being painted into a corner as uncritical, simplistic, bigoted anti-rap people.

No, I just have no desire to see the guy and can think of about a million other artists more worthy of the support slot. I'll give him a chance at Melbourne I, but an hour is a damn long chance. And if he crashes U2's set, well ... I already know he's shit on SBS, thanks Brandenburg Gate!

Eh. I'm just going to enjoy the setlist party. At least when it's in a favourable timezone!

Oh, even putting aside the previous post, the setlist parties are piss now. It's kind of painful to read.

The setlist parties for NZ and Aus are going o be pretty dead, eh?

I think people are being so hard on the non Jay-Z fans simply because I don't think any other openers get such flack as the rap artists do, and it can be frustrating to the fans of the bands. Jay-Z is a pretty respectable artist, and it's honestly an amazing double billing, IF you like rap. He's not as much of a fucking joke as say, The Fray, or Gavin Rossdale's other band.

I'd almost say I'd rather The Fray, since at least they'd put me to sleep and I could doze through the set.

Almost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom