Poll: Who is the MVP of the NFL halfway to the season?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Brett Favre!

He's a great asset to the team...he's got a nice ass too!!!
biggrin.gif

------------------
"I don't know you,
But you don't know the half of it..."

Originally posted by Gina Marie:
No one from the Patriots on that list?

Oh yeah-I guess you actually have to be a good player to be considered MVP..

*has NO idea what even their record is this year*

They're actually 5-4! Not too bad!

------------------
Schabow

Besides Eddie Kennison
wink.gif

here are the choices:

Brett Favre

Rich Gannon

Kurt Warner

Marshall Faulk

Jerome Bettis

Ahman Green

Jeff Garcia

PS. I meant "through" instead of "to" in the thread title.

------------------
Schabow

[This message has been edited by mikal (edited 11-13-2001).]

Oh yeah, my pick is Brett Favre!

Let's face it. If the Packers didn't have Farve, the Packers would not be even close to 6-2.

------------------
Schabow

Tom Brady could get some consideration, he's come a long way throwing the ball since breaking Marcia's nose.

As for MVP at this point....mikal, you left off the one who would win right now...Curtis Martin.

Only a Green Bay resident would list Ahman Green among the top 7 candidates.

Take Favre away from the Pack and you still have Ahman Green. Take Warner away from the Rams and you have Faulk. Take Faulk away and you still have Warner and a better than average Trung Canidate. But take Jeff Garcia away from the 49ers and you have...nobody. Yes, Terrell Owens is there and he is arguably the best wideout in the league, but without Garcia getting him the ball on a consistent basis and the high level of play Garcia brings to the QB position on a weekly basis, the 49ers are a sub-500 team at best. I just think that in general the others on the list have a better all around supporting cast and taking Garcia away from the 49ers makes them a worse team than say, taking Faulk or Favre away from their teams.

Also, one cannot overlook Curtis Martin of the Jets. He gets the job done week in and week out and without him chewing up yardage the Jets would be unable to control the clock and utilize their short passing game effectively. So Martin gets my vote for a close second to Garcia as MVP halfway through the season.

Originally posted by Hewson:
Tom Brady could get some consideration, he's come a long way throwing the ball since breaking Marcia's nose.

As for MVP at this point....mikal, you left off the one who would win right now...Curtis Martin.

Only a Green Bay resident would list Ahman Green among the top 7 candidates.

Oh yeah! Curtis Martin! I knew I forgot someone!

BTW, Ahman Green leads the Packers in rushing and receiving!

------------------
Schabow

That was Bill Parcell's big F.U. to Bob Kreaft, signing Martin to a ridiculous offer sheet so the Pats had to overpay him or lose him, they chose the latter, got multiple draft picks as compensation and squandered them on the likes of Sedrick Shaw et al.

And Mikal...Green is a definite Pro Bowler this year, but not MVP material, your argument for Favre is evidence of who is most important to the Pack.

Back
Top Bottom