Poll: Muffins or Donuts?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mrs. Edge

Bono's Belly Dancing Friend
I read the other day that places like Tim Hortons sell way more muffins to Canadians, wheras Americans eat more donuts. Is this true? What would you prefer, all things being equal?

bowtiecolor.jpg

American

Soy estadounidense. Priefiero los donuts.

------------------
Keepin it krunk...

http://www.iloveham.com/

I "prefer" doughnuts (Krispy Kreme, a Southern contribution), but I like muffins, and feel less guilty when I eat them; those cranberry-orange muffins that some delis bake are quite tasty.

But if you throw biscuits into the fray, I prefer them, with a sausage patty. Usually 28 fat grams at most fast food restaurants.

~U2Alabama

Doughnuts

------------------
"Hallelujah, Heaven's white rose,
The doors you open...I just can't close..."

I eat them rarely, but I'll have to go with doughnuts (I prefer the cream-filled ones with chocolate frosting...mmm...).

------------------
Such a nice day
Let it go...

i like doughnuts sometimes. i like them when they have chocolate frosting and creme inside. not custard, but creme.

------------------
and your heart beats so slow through the sleet and driving snow, across the fields of mourning lights in the distance...
ME!
"...a poptart in pants..." -- elizabeth

we have sugarfree pineapple orange muffins where I work, and they are very tasty... also have a Harvest muffin, good as well. I am a fan of the glazed doughnut too, however. When I eat a muffin I don't feel quite so guilty, and would be more prone to eat more than one.

It's all about Tim Horton's Chocolate Chip Muffins. They are soooooo good.

What's the deal with Krispy Kreme??? We just got one in Toronto, and people line up for 3-4 hours to buy donuts. They even have a little tent set up outside since it is winter here and the line up is constantly out the door. The drive thru line up is 3 blocks long.

Originally posted by spinninghead77:
What's the deal with Krispy Kreme??? We just got one in Toronto, and people line up for 3-4 hours to buy donuts. They even have a little tent set up outside since it is winter here and the line up is constantly out the door. The drive thru line up is 3 blocks long.

Try it and you will see. Get a couple of glazed when the "Hot Doughnuts Now!" neon light is on.

~U2Alabama

Originally posted by U2Bama:
Try it and you will see. Get a couple of glazed when the "Hot Doughnuts Now!" neon light is on.

~U2Alabama

I am not standing in line, or sitting in my car, for 3 hours to have a donut.

I did try one, but it was cold. It was nothing special.

Originally posted by spinninghead77:

It's about a 5 minute drive from my house, and they actually had two tents set up. I tried it when it was hot, and they're quite tasty.

I'd still pick a muffin over a donut, though.
smile.gif

Back
Top Bottom