Poll: Most significant band born in the 60's

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vote for the most significant band born in the 60's

• U2

Votes: 25 75.8%
  • Poison

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Nirvana

Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Pearl Jam

Votes: 2 6.1%

• Total voters

U2Kitten

Blue Crack Addict
Ever thought about this? There has been a lot said about 60's bands, but what about the newer 'classics' who were born in the 60's? They are not old yet, but old enough that history has shown what their place will be. I think the answer is obvious and I want this to be a blow-out, but some of you might choose someone else. If you do, please say why. Which one of these bands do you really think is the greatest, will be remembered the longest and the fondest, and which one had a greater impact on the world? I believe that though Nirvana played a huge role in changing the music scene, U2 is immortal on a grander scale for more reasons, including Bono's work outside the band. Well think about it and vote, even if you don't want to explain your choice.

Last edited:
Oh I saw that, but there was nothing on it so I thought it was just in the planning and discussing stages, all it said was, what do you think of a poll forum? Also there were polls on almost every other forum so I thought it would be okay. Sorry, at least I found out before I started another one, I was going to make more!

I went for Nirvana. It could be because of the whole Kurt mystique or because I actually remember how people around me were influenced by Nirvana, but I think that while U2 are undeniably an important band, Nirvana has the edge here because they sparked a whole new movement in music.

KhanadaRhodes said:
no other? :confused:

Sorry, had to leave out Duran Duran because Simon was born in 1958;)

Couldn't put Bon Jovi either because Tico was born in 1955 and Richie 1959, well he almost made it!

Back
Top Bottom