Poll: Greatest Rock Chick of All Time.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Janis Joplin
Patti Smith
Grace Slick
PJ Harvey
Bjork
Debbie Harry
Chrissie Hynde
Cat Power

our new gals:
Karen O
Leslie Feist

PJ Harvey is the most ideal , she is beautiful , great voice , great songs , all the others are pure pop stuff

Last edited:
my holy trinity is pj harvey, kim deal, & shirley manson, with chrissie hynde as their spiritual mother.

the current greatest rock chick(s) are sleater-kinney.

MrBrau1 said:
Aimee Mann is better than anyone mentioned in this thread.

Hell, she's better than Radiohead.

eat it.

eat what?
you need to be more specific.

and yes, aimee mann rules.

It's a pretty close call between Patti Smith and Kim Gordon. Kira Roessler is pretty high up there too.

I love Patti Smith and Chrissy Hynde, but it was Janis Joplin who broke down the doors for them and practically everyone else, so I guess she probably deserves the title of "The Greatest."

Zootlesque said:
Does using the piano as a rock instrument count?

If so, then Tori Amos! :love:

Tori definitely ROCKS!!! But Tori always gives credit for "girl rock" to Chrissie Hynde, and Chrissie Hynde really is fantastic.

At the moment, I frickin' LOVE Karen O.

As to the greatest, I don't know. Patti Smith and Janis Joplin seem like good nominations for the title.

yertle-the-turtle said:
I wish I was as cool as Kim Deal.

isn't she a smack addict who barely holds her band together? or am i confusing her with someone else? i read an article a good 10 years ago on that creepy love woman, kurt's ex wife...and they were hole's support act or something. anyway, it was all drugs and well, more drugs, it seemed.

unless i am very mistaken, in which case i am very sorry.
:uhoh:

Back
Top Bottom