pledge cards?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Liesje

Blue Crack Addict
Long story short - I'm going on a class/mission project to Africa for the month of January and the cost is $3360. I was rejected for student loans this year so I have yet to raise the money. I had to cut back on work hours b/c I'm already weeks behind with school work. My mom said she's received a few "pledge cards" from kids going on mission trips to Mexico and such and said I should give it a try. The thing is I can't find a template for this kind of thing anywhere and I really have now idea how to go about this. Is it like a postcard explaining the trip and asking for money? Or a formal letter? Anyone done one/seen one/know how to compose one?

Oh great thanks! I thought this was a hopeless thread. I don't even know where to begin as far as format, etc. Any example would be extremely helpful.

Hey Lies,
I did pledge cards and letters two summers ago when I spent the summer in Asia. I still have all of the information on how to set them up, example letters, wording, etc. The company that sent me gave me a packet with step-by-step instructions on how to make them and send them out. Lots of good information I would never have thought of.

If you need them, I'll scan them and sent them to you.

Last edited:
Have you talked to people at your school about this? There may be grants or sponsorships available to you for this kind of thing. You may just want to do an Internet search to see if you can find anything.

I've already applied for grants and scholarships, but even if I get the maximum of both, I'll still be thousands short.

Aaron, if you've got any info handy, that would be helpful. My e-mail is lar3@calvin.edu

Back
Top Bottom