Platonic Love

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sicy

Sizzlin' Sicilian
Staff member
Yes its very possible.
I love a few of my guy friends platonically, as they do as well.

------------------
Sexy poshin' sugar snarlin' rock and roll ...

My Lair

Originally posted by HelloAngel:
When you speak of Platonic Love - are you questioning the ability for a man and a woman to be "just friends?"

I would say - 100% yes - men and women can have friendships without sexual overtones or romantic feelings. Most of my friends are guys - and most guys I know would rather have friends that are girls.

Being 24 is not young. I'm 24, and I think I do myself a disservice when I tell myself, "Oh well, I'm only 24." I think that aids in keeping a childish mentality in some ways, and doesn't fully encourage us to take on adult responsibilities.

My mom looks at me crazy when I say "well, I'm only 24." She says, "24 is an adult age. You should act like one, and learn to see yourself as part of the adult world with tremendous responsibilities."

I mean serious friendship not just friends.
.can do a lot of things for each other. the same sort of things people generally do but without sex part of it. you know what i mean , it should be different from just friends.

Originally posted by Sicy:
Yes its very possible.
I love a few of my guy friends platonically, as they do as well.

Hi Sicy
smile.gif
( please dont mind my smile
smile.gif
)
I believe you but how can you be so sure about your friends ? may be..they might be having different feelings...

i saw one such sort of platonic love in one movie but cant remember its name now.

Originally posted by HelloAngel:
When you speak of Platonic Love - are you questioning the ability for a man and a woman to be "just friends?"

I would say - 100% yes - men and women can have friendships without sexual overtones or romantic feelings. Most of my friends are guys - and most guys I know would rather have friends that are girls.

Being 24 is not young. I'm 24, and I think I do myself a disservice when I tell myself, "Oh well, I'm only 24." I think that aids in keeping a childish mentality in some ways, and doesn't fully encourage us to take on adult responsibilities.

My mom looks at me crazy when I say "well, I'm only 24." She says, "24 is an adult age. You should act like one, and learn to see yourself as part of the adult world with tremendous responsibilities."

I mean the friendship you are talking about might be platonic because the just friends didnt get a chance to be non - platonic or contrained by society or any other means to be platonic..I am talking of cases where the friends had the option of being non-platonic (there was no problem at all) chose to remain platonic.

About my age, 24 is still young.. I have just completed my studies. And have passed all my time listening to U2. I am still under my parent watch..and so I feel young.
And I dont mind being like that.

If it wasn't possible AcrobatMan, all us married people would get very very lonely. No close trusted friend of the opposite sex except our spouse?
Make good friends first I think. The love stuff, in whatever form, follows.
Good luck 2 U.

Well, I'm a guy and two of my three best friends are female, and I love them immensely. There's nothing in this world I wouldn't do for them, except have a sexual relationship with them. And it ain't an issue, we simply don't have those sort of feelings for one another. Its not only possible, its one of the most beautiful things a human being can experience in life.

Ant.

Originally posted by AcrobatMan:
Has someone ever here such a relationship ? I mean love without sexual feeling or sexual passion or sex. Platonics love ?? is there a thing like that ?

definately. i really believe when the day is done, in fact, that id feel best if all my relationships were like this. to be free of all sexual passion i think for me personally would solve so many problems.

i have two particular girlfriends who i love dearly, they are my fav girls in the universe, but i wouldnt even want to date them. i like things the way they are (and im more than sure they feel the same way).

------------------
-deathbear

Hiya all ..its me again
smile.gif
I think I have been thinking about one another thing. What do you all think of platonic love between a man and a woman. Is it possible ? Has someone ever here such a relationship ? I mean love without sexual feeling or sexual passion or sex. For your information I havent had any relationship so far ..I am only 24
smile.gif
But I personally think it would be good to have such a relationship ( more humane ) .But then where's such a girl
smile.gif
Even with U2, I never take any song in context to any girl. I take most of them in context to God - with and without you, i still havent... Am I abnormal ? Not that I will say that I dont like Pamela Anderson but ..I like her for the same reasons as most of the guys here..but ..Platonics love ?? is there a thing like that ?

------------------
ooh eee ooh ah ah ching chang walla walla bing bang.

Originally posted by zonelistener:
What? Please explain.....

I went to a really tiny Baptist college in the middle of nowhere Kentucky. Boys were on one side of campus, and girls were on the other. We had a REALLY strict open dorms policy: girls could have guys over two nights of the week (and one weekend night a month) from 8pm to 11pm. They had to sign in and leave an ID at the front desk. Then you had to leave your door open and all the lights on, and they would come around and check on you to make sure you weren't doing anything. There were all these weird little rules too. I came out okay, though. Except for having the social skills of a head of lettuce.

Wow, meegannie! And I thought we had rough rules when I lived in the dorms! I would have gone crazy at your school because a lot of my good friends were guys.

So...did you ever hide a boy in your closet or under the bed or anything?????
biggrin.gif

------------------
"Frisbetarians believe that when they die their soul goes up on the roof, and they can't get it down."

Bonochick's Place

Originally posted by Bonochick:
So...did you ever hide a boy in your closet or under the bed or anything?????
biggrin.gif

First, she would to sneak the guy in without leaving an ID.

What a horribly strict school - and to leave you with social skills of a head of lettuce - that SUCKS! All these worries of having non-married students having some frisky action is just out of control. It does not allow you to mature as an adult (not so much not having the frisky-business, but the constant watchful eye).

Originally posted by zonelistener:
First, she would to sneak the guy in without leaving an ID.

What a horribly strict school - and to leave you with social skills of a head of lettuce - that SUCKS! All these worries of having non-married students having some frisky action is just out of control. It does not allow you to mature as an adult (not so much not having the frisky-business, but the constant watchful eye).

Yeah, no kidding. They were very hypocritical too. It also lead to virtually everyone (at least 90%) getting married/engaged before graduating. I feel like an old maid because almost all of my friends from college are either already or married or getting married soon. And I'm only 21. That's why they kicked me out of Kentucky.
wink.gif

Originally posted by meegannie:
Yeah, no kidding. They were very hypocritical too. It also lead to virtually everyone (at least 90%) getting married/engaged before graduating. I feel like an old maid because almost all of my friends from college are either already or married or getting married soon. And I'm only 21. That's why they kicked me out of Kentucky.
wink.gif

That was going to be my next question...how many of your friends married or engaged. scary!

Platonic r/ships are "more humane"? Hahahaha! I like how you phrased it.

Hm, I loathe the word 'soulmates' but in 2 seconds I'm gonna write that my soulmate is a guy and we have zero romantic feelings for each other. He is happily married, much older than me, and we have a great friendship that we believe will last even after we die.

foray

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom