Placebo...Once More With Feeling

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HeadsOnSticks

New Yorker
PURE PLACEBO!

PLACEBO release a Best Of compilation this autumn.

After four albums, the androgynous punks release 'Once More With Feeling' on October 18 through Virgin.

The collection will contain singles from the band's four albums, 'Placebo', 'Without You I'm Nothing', 'Black Market Music' and 'Sleeping With Ghosts', as well as a brand new track. As yet untitled, it will be released as a single on October 4.

Placebo play the Carling Weekend: Reading and Leeds festivals next month.

As the resident Placebho of Bang and Clatter, I approve.

:drool:

Thank goodness I've got the DVD to tide me over until October.

:bow: Soulmates Never Die :bow:

This thread needs far more posts and support in it.

People MUST buy this cd when it comes out (or just go buy all their normal albums while they're waiting for it, that's what I did) :wink:

http://www.placeboworld.co.uk/news/index.html

Website exclusive

To celebrate the release of their forthcoming singles collection, Once More With Feeling: Singles, 1996-2004, Placebo have decided to mark the occasion with a bang, by playing their largest UK show to date at Wembley Arena on 5 November.

This will be the band?s last UK show until 2006 and gives their fans the opportunity to catch them at a peak in their eight year career, marking the occasion with a show centering around their 16 singles to-date, with some very special surprises.

In March 2003 the band sold-out three nights at Brixton Academy. This was to set a precedent for the year to come. By the end of the year their fourth album Sleeping With Ghosts had sold 1.4 million copies worldwide; gone Top 10 in 20 countries (including the UK); they?d performed a duet on Pixies? Where Is My Mind with Frank Black in front of an audience of 18,000 screaming French kids, which was captured for posterity on the DVD, Soulmates Never Die, which went on to sell 200,000 copies worldwide, the biggest selling Virgin DVD ever. On top of all that, last month after debuting at no.2 and hovering around the upper echelons of the French chart for 16 months, Sleeping With Ghosts in one week climbed from 51 places, from no.52 to no.1.

Continuing with their strong work ethic, the band recently entered the studio and recorded two new songs to accompany the Once More With Feeling: Singles, 1996-2004 compilation; I Do and Twenty Years. Both these songs show a further maturity and growth in the band?s songwriting abilities. I Do, influenced by Neu! and Laurie Anderson, is Placebos? first unashamed love song. ?We?ve been threatening to do it for years and we?ve finally done it?, says Brian. The second, Twenty Years, is more in keeping with the bands? existential angst. According to Brian, it?s ?pure epic melancholy, a meditation on the passing of time and mortality?.but it?s not miserable!?

Once More With Feeling: Singles, 1996 ? 2004, will be released on 18 October. It will contain, in chronological order, all the band?s singles to date (tracklisting below), including Prot?ge Moi, previously only available in France. Since forming in 1995, Placebo have had eight Top 20 singles and sold one million albums in the UK alone and 5 million worldwide.

Tickets for the Wembley Arena show are priced at ?20.00 and go on sale on 23 August. They are available from Wembley Arena (0870 060 0870), See (0207 403 3331), Stargreen (0207 734 8932) and www.gigsandtours.com . PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT THESE AGENCIES UNTIL MONDAY 23 AUGUST WHEN IT GOES ON GENERAL SALE.

BUT....

Exclusive to Placeboworld, you can buy tickets NOW online through a special ticket area set up for Placeboworld users. Please go to:

http://www.gigsandtours.com/index.asp?link=placebo&site=placebo

From this site you can be first to order tickets before they go onsale to the general public on Monday.

Once More With Feeling: Singles, 1996 - 2004

36 Degrees
Teenage Angst
Nancy Boy
Bruise Pristine
Pure Morning
You Don?t Care About Us
Every You Every Me
Without You I?m Nothing
Taste In Men
Slave To The Wage
Special K
Black-Eyed
The Bitter End
This Picture
Special Needs
English Summer Rain
Prot?g? Moi
I Do
Twenty Years

What are you still doing here!! Go and get those Wembley tickets!

since i have the four amzing albuns of placebo, i think i will skip this one and wait to catch the two new songs somewhere on the web. anyway it's a must have for the ones that don't know the band and are interested in good rock music.

I'll probably buy this one :up:

even though I do think bands release best of's way too early in their career nowadays

(I would have preferred one more regular Placebo album before this best of)

Last edited:
u2popmofo said:
I Do and Twenty Years. Both these songs show a further maturity and growth in the band?s songwriting abilities. I Do, influenced by Neu! and Laurie Anderson, is Placebos? first unashamed love song. ?We?ve been threatening to do it for years and we?ve finally done it?, says Brian. The second, Twenty Years, is more in keeping with the bands? existential angst. According to Brian, it?s ?pure epic melancholy, a meditation on the passing of time and mortality?.but it?s not miserable!?

It's so awesome to have this information about the new songs! A real love song by Placebo? I think I'm looking forward to that one the most. :up: I'm also excited to have Protege Moi on CD.

So is October 19 confirmed as the U.S. release date? *remembers having to wait for the DVD to come out here* :crazy:

(Sorry for the edit...had problems posting with the server problems...)

Last edited:
Placebo are excellent live. I bought their Live In Paris DVD and it's a stunner, they're such a tight band.

One of the best live bands out there, in my humble, undeniably biased opinion. They put on an amazing show and the songs sound fantastic. :up:

First play of 'Twenty Years' on XFM!

XFM will be the first UK radio station to play the new single at 4:15 BST on Tuesday September 7th.

--------

:ohmy:
Did anyone hear it?

:ohmy:

I probably could find it online if I looked......not sure if I want to hear it before I get the CD or not though....

So there's now a 'preview clip' of the new single, Twenty Years, on Placebo's website.

I don't know how long I can hold out. Five minutes. Maybe.

:|

:wink:

oncemore224.jpg

Here's the cover.

I really like the clip of '20 Years'. It's exactly like Brian described it:

“pure epic melancholy, a meditation on the passing of time and mortality….but it’s not miserable!”

:up:

Last edited:
so is it just the two of us in this thread?

I'm so glad it got the thumbs up from you. I'm still trying to hold out. Knowing that you've heard it and liked it makes me happy though, and it makes me look forward to the collection even more. :up:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom