PJ Harvey to headline Splendour in the Grass

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cass

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Dear Aussies...just thought I'd pass on the good news.
They played a track from her new album on JJJ yesterday
"the Letter" it sounded great

"...put the pen to the paper....
it turns me on to imagine
your blue eyes
on my words..." etc.

I wasn't planning on going to Splendour, I am supposed to be saving $$$ in case U2 turn up in Oz. But I know last year I ummed and ahhhhed about whether to go( Coldplay, Placebo etc.) and later really regretted not going. You only live once...as far as I know.

I hope they announce the full line-up asap.

If anyone was listening to JJJ at that time yesterday, did you hear the rave they went in to about Brian Eno? :laugh:
"you want to break bad habits? quit smoking?...get Brian Eno in!.."
I actually learned quite a bit about him that I didn't know.
They played a song he did with David Byrne in 1979 "Help Me Somebody" and praised him for his innovation and fore-sightedness:up:

Polly Jean:up:

:hyper:

I didn't know she had a new album out! :heart: :love:

I saw her open for U2 four times on the last tour.

I also heard she's going to be at Lollapalooza this summer. :D

I am thinking about going to this, I just loved PJs last album and I missed her last year at the BDO- my broken foot got in the way of it, but I am spending wayyyyyy too much on concerts, with Jet, Paul Kelly and Xavier Rudd!!!! and this only takes me to the end of May!!!!! my bank account is struggling:huh:

Last edited:
lucky you Aurora. My son's girlfriend loves Jet. I gave her my BDO ticket and she got to see them. She tried to get tickets for the Brisbane show, but they were sold out.
I'm not exactly sure when Splendour is, but I'm pretty sure I'll go. I had such a great time at the Bluesfest.

Aurora, I was thinking of you at the concert. Xavier Rudd was excellent, he has a 10 000 kilowatt smile doesn't he? He was genuinely pleased to be back home( he'd been touring OS for 7 weeks) It was great to hear that big crowd singing along with him.
I was so proud of our homegrown talent. It is a great event and I appreciate all music, but boy o boy, for e it was the Aussies who stood out.
Acre opened the show, they are a Byron Bay band, not an easy spot to have first up at 1 pm, but they were great as were the Tremors , Brisbane band , great guitarist. The singer was cracking me up, I was yelling out, GO Elvis!! :laugh:
Spiderbait, rocked my socks off, 1200 Techniques were so funky.
Daniel Johns hit some truly beautiful notes :heart: I think he is a stupendous singer.
PJ Harvey had some great gutsy songs, but it was when she sang sweetly I really admired her voice.
I liked the lead singer from Fiery Furnances, but the two lads were cracking me up, this retro 80's thing is a bit????imho:laugh:
The crowd went insane for franz ferdinand, again their 80's feel made me a bit non-plussed.
So it was the Aussies who really did it for me:up:
Loud and proud
As I set out for the concert on Friday afternoon I said to hub, "well this may be my last festival, I'm getting too old"
He just laughed and said Oh yeah, I'll believe that when I see it ...and you are not old...:laugh:
It was truly Splendid, such a well organised event
I can't wait till next year :hyper:

PS: I just heard that PJ Harvey is going to be interviewed on Triple J tomorrow. You can go on-line now and submit questions they might ask her. You can listen to it and check for details at their website.
She did one show at the Great Northern Hotel at Byron bay on Sunday night the very limited tickets sold out like hotcakes. I stood near a bunch of hardcore Polly Jean fans at the Splendour concert and my, weren't those boys ecstatic :laugh:
It was great, I'm still buzzing
:)

one more magic moment, takes a while to recall all the things you hear and see at an event like that.
The sand artist :heart:
when I arrived in the afternoon it was just a huge pile of sand that had been dumped by a truck. When I wandered by at about 10 pm it was a huge sculpture, an ocean theme, featuring an octopus that was playing a guitar and a didgeridoo. He had placed candles all thu it in little alcoves. It was so beautiful. It seemed to defy gravity.
He was a performance artist and had his hat on the ground for donations. That is one of my big regrets of the night, that I didn't go back as I intended and gave him some money. I hope I see him again at another event.
I'm still buzzing :)

Back
Top Bottom