Pirates of the Carribean

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I saw 2 at 12:30pm then 1 at 8:30pm. The second one was a bit over-the-top, and I really got over the whole mutants thing. Geoffery Rush's bad guy was a lot better than Davy Jones. He's coming back for the third!

I think the only movie that was more far-fetched was Jurassic Park 3, when the guy gets eaten by a dinosaur, and turns up at the end.

Well Die Hard had the one German guy show up at the end after being apparently strangled by chains in a blownup Nakatomi building. :shrug:

I am surprised I actually enjoyed it as much as I did...mostly cause while I watched the first one [first day it came out in theaters :shh:] ..I was never that convinced about it, the 2nd one, however, :love: was heaps of fun and excitement and never seemed cheesy. Which is rare since at times I tend to be hard to please with films. The lovey-dovey stuff was kept to a mininum so that was a plus. Depp's perforamnce this time around was also brilliant...it just might enter into my top 5 Johnny Depp performances. I loved how it was very H.S. Thompsonish..., he would have fit in Fear & Loathing perfectly.
Time wise, I'm not going to lie...it was freakin long...while it never bored me, it did feel long. I got out of the movie theater at 1am, too late for my taste since I work tomorrow...err....I mean today in the morning.

Overall I give it an 8.2/10

elevation2u said:
it just might enter into my top 5 Johnny Depp performances. I loved how it was very H.S. Thompsonish..., he would have fit in Fear & Loathing perfectly.

johnny depp did play hunter thompson in fear in loathing.

I'm going to see it again on Thursday at the drive-in with Superman :hyper:

I spelled the name of the movie wrong :(

Back
Top Bottom