Pirates of the Caribbean

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Meringue and I went out to see this last night and I can't speak for her (although I'm sure she agrees), but I thoroughly enjoyed myself. Definitely the feel-good action comedy of the summer. Johnny Depp is brilliant. Scarily so. Orlando is...well, pretty much Legolas with shorter browner hair. But adorable. And I liked that the female lead didn't just sit around and simper. I'd see this flick again.

did anyone see the little spoiler after the credits? ;)

Hewson said:
I liked it.
Did anyone else get the impression that Johnny Depp modeled his character after Keith (Keef) Richards?

I think if you read back a page, that has already been established. :sexywink:

I saw the little spoiler! Actually, it was ruined by the theatre cleaning people grumbling and making nasty comments about "people who needed to stay until the end of the credits."

I had heard so much about said spoiler I was expecting more, actually. :laugh:

sulawesigirl4 said:

I think if you read back a page, that has already been established. :sexywink:
Ahh...now I see. Sometimes you miss things when just skimmimg.

Anyway, apparently Depp, Bloom and Knightly have signed on for a sequel already.

ahhh, sequels. let's have more pirates but less shirts on johnny and orlando. that'd be a winning sequel in my book.

i was so excited to see the movie my husband was teasing me for having SUCH a crush on Johnny...so i starting singing the theme song to 21 Jumpstreet...just let him know that THIS crush has been around since before i even knew my hubby!! hahahaha!!!

I was mentioning Orlando Bloom last night and son#3 told me about this movie....Johnny Depp is in it too!!!:drool:
I'm there...puffy pirate shirts:drool:
any ripped bodices?

GREAT f**cking movie!!!

Yes, I have to agree with Elizabeth..less shirts on Johnny and Orlando for the sequel.

Captain Jack Sparrow and a bottle of rum! :up: :drool:

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
i would love to be on a desert island with Sparrow and his rum. :combust: that silly elizabeth *from the movie* she should have made a move on him while she had him. :tsk: :sexywink:

yeah...what the HELL was wrong with her anyway...no one had to know...it could have been their little secret :silent: :laugh:

if anything, she could have blamed it on the rum :shrug: :sexywink:

Last edited:
Bono's American Wife said:

yeah...what the HELL was wrong with her anyway...no one had to know...it could have been their little secret :silent: :laugh:

if anything, she could have blamed it on the rum :shrug: :sexywink:

:up: EXACTLY! i am sorry but if i were her and i was dancing around a bonfire on a tropical deserted island and being chased by Johnny Depp and drinking RUM that bonfire wouldn't be the only thing on fire, if you know what i mean. :sexywink: *trips johnny as he swaggers by* oops! :ohmy: :flirt: :kiss: *POUNCE!!!!!!!!!* haha!

You got it sister! No way would I have left that island without a taste of Jack Sparrow :sexywink: :yes:

And I wouldn't have started that signal fire for at least 3 days hehehe!

piratespre29.jpg

:mad: bitch how dare she be beautiful and be able to wear this. :tsk:

Keep me waiting...

I've been waiting over a YEAR for this movie to come out! But since I'm from the bottom of the world I have to wait until 18th of September. Its just not right!

Now all I need is for Lego to start producing new sets in the Pirate theme and I'll be a happy chicken.

Oh why did they cancel the theme after 1997!!! Its so dreadful!!!
Skulls Eye Schooners sell for $US275 in mint condition. How can I afford that? They should reissue it... That'd lower the price.

:drool:

(I just went to see it again with a girlfriend...we giggled most of the way through it.)

:D

:heart:

edited to add...we also got to see the preview for the new Viggo movie coming out this fall "Hidalgo". looks fun. too bad I won't be here for it. ah well. there is always seeing it on DVD in two years when i get back. :huh:

also, I love your avatar, miss velvet. :sexywink:

Last edited:
I friggin loved this movie!!!! Made me think.... :hmm: if I had to ever chose between Orlando or Johhny... I simply couldn't do it...

Besides the eye candy, I really enjoyed it alot. Actually a lot. :sexywink:

sulawesigirl4 said:
edited to add...we also got to see the preview for the new Viggo movie coming out this fall "Hidalgo". looks fun. too bad I won't be here for it. ah well. there is always seeing it on DVD in two years when i get back. :huh:

AICN just reported Hildalgo just got pushed back to Spring 2004.
:( No one knows why, especially since they just released that amazing trailer.

I think we ought to petition Disney. :|

Angel said:

noooooooooooo!!!!!!!!! What spoiler? :scratch:

Spoiler alert:

Although the movie's been out long enough...but someone is bound to get upset if I tell.

Keep scrolling

The monkey climbs out of the water, grabs a piece of the cursed gold and turns into Icky Zombie Monkey.

Finally saw this movie yesterday. Loved it! :up:

elizabeth said:

i was so excited to see the movie my husband was teasing me for having SUCH a crush on Johnny...so i starting singing the theme song to 21 Jumpstreet...just let him know that THIS crush has been around since before i even knew my hubby!! hahahaha!!!

:lmao: :yes:

I had heard that Johnny has already signed on for a sequel and that he is leaving his gold teeth in so as not to have to go through the trouble of having them taken out and then putting them back in. :D

Back
Top Bottom