Pirate Master

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

deep

Blue Crack Addict
coxcol0531.jpg

"Pirate Master," a new competitive series produced by the impresario of reality TV, Mark Burnett of "Survivor" and "The Apprentice." It debuts in the "Survivor" time slot at 7 p.m. today on CBS' WBBM Channel 2.

Sixteen contestants will be thrown together on a 179-foot sailing ship as it cruises the Caribbean circling the island of Dominica. The show features the usual reality shenanigans (there will be a pirate captain assigning duties each week, and a Pirate Court at the end of each episode, with one contestant "cut adrift" or made to "walk the plank" by host Cameron Daddo, the Aussie Jeff Probst of the competition). And a final contestant in the $1 million race will claim about half the booty by finding the buried treasure at the end.

Mark Burnett should make every reality show from now on. It will at least give that genre of television some credibility.

I thought it was kind of hokey. :shrug: But...I'm still interested in it enough to watch again next week. I was bummed to see John go, he seemed to be the most entertaining. Can't say I blame them though, because I don't think I'd want to share a ship with him...even if he is a "scientist/exotic dancer".

^ no... not when there's nothing else on TV! :wink:

I didn't want John to go either, but he must have been really strange.

Joe the Captain is acting like a dick... I wonder if he's an actor hired to get things started? He seems like a plant - the situation seem staged.

cstar said:

Joe the Captain is acting like a dick... I wonder if he's an actor hired to get things started? He seems like a plant - the situation seem staged.

I think that's what seems so hokey. It kind of feels like they are putting on a play at times, not competing in a game.

Same time as Survivor, I think, Thursday nights at 8 PST.

Something has to keep me in the habit of sitting in front of the tv for an hour every Thursday night, which is where I've been every Thursday night for what, seven years now?

:huh:

I missed the first episode. Not sure if I will watch it ... someone said it was like Mark Burnett took survivor and put an eyepatch on the contestants.

I don't get why they haven't mutiny'd against the captain yet. I am really sick of him!!:madspit: Surprised who they sent home tonight. They may kick themselves later when they need a strong one!:eyebrow:

all it is is Survivor on the water.. big deal.... was never a fan of Survivor.. and yes I know mark burnett produced this one. But he certainly didn't go to far in orginality that's for sure..

It's stupid...yet, now that I've watched two episodes, I want to keep watching because there is a tiny part of me that's actually interested what happens.

I was sorry to see...crud, I can't even remember his name :crack:...Christian?...get sent off, even if just because he was Louie's buddy, as I like Louie. I would have thought that if they weren't going to mutiny, they might as well get rid of Joy, because I find it hard to believe that her knee is 100% better. She was just trying to avoid getting the boot.

Those snakes!!!!!!!!!! :yikes: I would never have been able to go in that water. :scream:

I really like the show, it's sort of like Survivor but the money adds a new dynamic. Bartering and bribing for people's loyalty brings strategising to new levels. Looking at next week's show the double agent Jay(the Bosun) offers another pirate some of his measily 2k for loyalty. I think he's going to go far in this game.

And what about Jay? The Captain, when under fire, called him out about giving him some money for his services. This will surely piss off Jay and that's what probably leads him to making alliances by using the scraps of cash the Captain gave him to cover his ass.

What gets me is the strategy some of the Crew have. What I would do is go to the Officers and offer them a deal or blackmail them into mutiny. Tell them that they will offer them alternate Captain spots for two rounds if they mutiny now to get rid of Joe Don(still thinking of a nickname). Anything, but the tables are going to turn eventually and they need to get on it.

That one person complained about Christian (I think that's his name!) just standing there, watching for and snakes while the others looked. Um...I would have hoped that somebody would be just watching out for snakes for me if I was down in that water. :yikes:

Louie does look sort of like Rupert...it's the first thing I thought of when I saw him. I like him and for now I'll be going for whatever alliance he's on.

Slipstream said:
I really like the show, it's sort of like Survivor but the money adds a new dynamic. Bartering and bribing for people's loyalty brings strategising to new levels. Looking at next week's show the double agent Jay(the Bosun) offers another pirate some of his measily 2k for loyalty. I think he's going to go far in this game.

And what about Jay? The Captain, when under fire, called him out about giving him some money for his services. This will surely piss off Jay and that's what probably leads him to making alliances by using the scraps of cash the Captain gave him to cover his ass.

What gets me is the strategy some of the Crew have. What I would do is go to the Officers and offer them a deal or blackmail them into mutiny. Tell them that they will offer them alternate Captain spots for two rounds if they mutiny now to get rid of Joe Don(still thinking of a nickname). Anything, but the tables are going to turn eventually and they need to get on it.
From what I gathered, you don't need the officers to sucessfully mutiny. :shrug:I could be wrong. Wish they would do it though!!!

Back
Top Bottom