Pink Floyd Survivor: THE FINALS: Round Three

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

"There's nothing more dangerous than a wounded mosquito."

• Set the Controls for the Heart of the Sun

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Summer '68

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Echoes

• Free Four

Votes: 9 56.3%
  • Time

• Wish You Were Here

• Dogs

• Comfortably Numb

• The Final Cut

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Sorrow

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • High Hopes

• Careful With That Axe, Eugene

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

cobl04

45:33
For Cymbaline, it was high time. For Lucifer Sam, well it has something I can't explain. (even cheesier than your comment gg)

Votes
Cymbaline, Lucifer Sam - 12
Set the Controls, Comfortably Numb, The Final Cut, Sorrow, Careful With That Axe - 1
Total votes - 17

15. Several Species of Small Furry Animals Gathered Together in a Cave and Grooving With a Pict
=14. Cymbaline
=14. Lucifer Sam

I'm voting for Free Four as well. I love the song, but it can't be compared to the others left here.

Wow, somebody joined me in voting for The Final Cut.

And Screwtape, anybody who argues Waters' PF > Gilmours' PF is delusional. Sorrow is better than the entirety of The Final Cut and The Wall put together.

Axver said:

And Screwtape, anybody who argues Waters' PF > Gilmours' PF is delusional. Sorrow is better than the entirety of The Final Cut and The Wall put together.

But is Sorrow better than Wish You Were Here and Animals? I think not. ;) And yes, I consider 1975 to mark the beginning of the Waters era.

I would say that the weakest song on The Final Cut is still far superior to the best song on Momentary Lapse - but that is just me. Free Four for now.

Axver said:

I wouldn't go that far but I do think Waters is overrated round here. Without Gilmour's airy melodies and guitar soundscapes, Pink Floyd would be the most depressing miserable band in history.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom