Pink Floyd Survivor: THE FINALS: Round Four

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

"Blessed are the cheesmakers??"

• Set the Controls for the Heart of the Sun

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Summer '68

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Echoes

• Time

• Wish You Were Here

• Dogs

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Comfortably Numb

• The Final Cut

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Sorrow

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • High Hopes

• Careful With That Axe, Eugene

Votes: 3 17.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

cobl04

45:33
Free Four, they said.

Votes
Free Four - 9
The Final Cut, Sorrow - 2
Summer '68, Wish You Were Here, Careful With That Axe, Eugene - 1
Total votes - 16

BEST PINK FLOYD SONG
15. Several Species of Small Furry Animals Gathered Together in a Cave and Grooving With a Pict
=14. Cymbaline
=14. Lucifer Sam
12. Free Four

I'm expanding Monty Python to the movies now, Aardvark. It's a business move, because more people will know the quotes, but it's also a personal move, as I can't recall that many Flying Circus quotes.

Holding off on voting for the minute, I've gotta decide between Summer '68, The Final Cut, Sorrow, High Hopes and Careful With That Axe Eugene Fella.

Still have no idea what I want to win, either.

I can't believe it that The Final Cut is going to go out in round four. :| This would never happen at a Pink Floyd forum...in fact, The Gunners Dream went all the way to round nine at the Floyd forum I visit (which has an equally balanced representation of fans, mind you.) It was beaten only by the likes of Dogs, Time, Comfortably Numb, Echoes and Shine On (I-IV). That's the way it should be.

Oh well, it's just an album survivor, I guess. :lol:

GibsonGirl said:
I can't believe it that The Final Cut is going to go out in round four. :| This would never happen at a Pink Floyd forum...in fact, The Gunners Dream went all the way to round nine at the Floyd forum I visit (which has an equally balanced representation of fans, mind you.) It was beaten only by the likes of Dogs, Time, Comfortably Numb, Echoes and Shine On (I-IV). That's the way it should be.

:| Indeed. The Final Cut is haunting and approaches lyrical perfection. One can hardly say that about the likes of Sorrow.

GibsonGirl said:

what's the forum you frequent??

The Final Cut, well it's ok. Has some good vocals in parts actually, but overall just doesn't do much for me.

GibsonGirl said:

I'm with Axver in that Summer '68 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> anything from Final Cut, without question. I like the title track and supported it throughout that round, but it's not in my top 5/10 like Summer '68, WYWH, and Comfortably Numb, so I am all for it being eliminated right now.

Assuming The Final Cut dies here, I've no idea what to vote for in the next round. Perhaps Careful With That Axe - I don't feel that strongly about it that I'd be sad if it left, and hopefully such a vote would protect Summer '68.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom