Pink Floyd Best Song Survivor: Dark Side of the Moon!!! - Round 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vote for your LEAST favourite song!

• Breathe

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Time

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Great Gig in the Sky

Votes: 12 41.4%
  • Money

Votes: 12 41.4%
  • Us and Them

• Brain Damage

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Eclipse

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
GibsonGirl said:

Who the fuck voted for Brain Damage?! :mad:

:reject:

I absolutely adore Brain Damage, but the rest of the album is simply better. Here's how I would rate the remaining songs- not that I really have any authority to do so (the best is first)

1. Time
2. Us & Them
3. Great Gig in the Sky
4. Eclipse
5. Money
6. Breathe
7. Brain Damage

Save Great Gig. Kill Money.

How anyone can hate Great Gig so blatantly I'll never understand. There's so much to that song... Gilmour's slide guitar intro :combust:, the eerie interview bits about death, the powerful crescendo of Torry's vocals (much like a twister wreaking havoc.. no wonder the song was a brilliant soundtrack to that scene in Oz) and then finally the ohh so beautiful softer vocals at the end with a backdrop of lush piano from Rick :combust: How can anybody hate this song??? :|

:hmm:

1. Time/Breathe Reprise
2. Us & Them
3. Great Gig in the Sky
4. Breathe
5. Eclipse
6. Brain Damage
7. Money

...something like that.

Zootlesque said:
Save Great Gig. Kill Money.

How anyone can hate Great Gig so blatantly I'll never understand. There's so much to that song... Gilmour's slide guitar intro :combust:, the eerie interview bits about death, the powerful crescendo of Torry's vocals (much like a twister wreaking havoc.. no wonder the song was a brilliant soundtrack to that scene in Oz) and then finally the ohh so beautiful softer vocals at the end with a backdrop of lush piano from Rick :combust: How can anybody hate this song??? :|

:bow:

1. Us and Them
2. Great Gig in the Sky
3. Breathe
4. Eclipse
5. Time
6. Brain Damage
7. Money

Although I know that GG is not going to make it much longer. :(

What's wrong with Money, exactly? :( You're picking a rather slight instrumental over one of the better songs on the album. :sad:

Personally, even though I like Money, I'm glad this was a tie. Not only do we get rid of one of the worst songs ever recorded by a good band, but we also avoid the inevitable predictability of a round with just Great Unlistenable Gig or Money. Nice to move on.

Axver said:
Personally, even though I like Money, I'm glad this was a tie. Not only do we get rid of one of the worst songs ever recorded by a good band, but we also avoid the inevitable predictability of a round with just Great Unlistenable Gig or Money. Nice to move on.

The silver lining to this dark cloud is that I no longer have to hear people irrationally rip into one of the very best songs in the Pink Floyd catalogue.

Jesus, what a travesty. :tsk:

DaveC said:

The silver lining to this dark cloud is that I no longer have to hear people irrationally rip into one of the very best songs in the Pink Floyd catalogue.

Jesus, what a travesty. :tsk:

And I don't have to hear incomprehensible defences of three cats being strangled. See, it's win-win! :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom