pick a pal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
im back and i feel a bit better for a while anyways. im durrged out on nyquil and im going to bed. when i wake up i want someone to pick me as their pal!:angry:

i need a pal. a pal needs me.

PICK ME!! PICK ME!!:mad:

ghetofabu said:
where did the word 'pal' come from?

Word History: Pal, like buddy and chum, has an informal, thoroughly ?American? ring to it. Its source, though, is rather unusual--Romany, the Indic language of the Gypsies. First recorded in English in the 17th century, pal was borrowed from a Romany word meaning ?brother, comrade,? which occurs as phal in the Romany spoken in England and phral in the Romany spoken in Europe. Gypsies speak an Indic language because they originally migrated to Europe from the border region between Iran and India. In other Indic languages we find related words meaning ?brother,? such as Hindustani bhi and Prakrit bhda or bhy; they all come from Sanskrit bhrt, which in turn traces its ancestry to the same Indo-European word that our word brother does.

Last edited:
daisybean said:

Are you sure about that....you've had some pretty lousy threads.

:sexywink:

then why do people always reply to them?? you people are horrible.

ana: im not your pal.

nbcrusader: be my guest!

AcrobatMan said:

Ok you pick me... I pick you..what to do next :shrug: Brainwash me :mac:

shall i list my maths achievements :wink: which part of maths are you having problem...i am a good pal.

:D YAY! I'm a dork and stupid when it comes to math! :D I'm taking Calculus II HELP ME!! My first exam is Friday! You have to prepare lecture plans for me! :D

Oh I will brain wash you! GO AND DOWNLOAD YELLOW-LEDBETTER!! :angry: and listen to it 10X over! :sexywink:

Back
Top Bottom