Phil in London Marathon... win a chance to play with his instrument

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The Wanderer

Kid A
?? Message from Phil

This message from Phil Selway was sent out to w.a.s.t.e. members today:

Before we start work on the next Radiohead album, I will foolishly be running in the London Marathon 2002, on Sunday 14th April.

I am writing to ask if you would kindly sponsor me for this event, and help me raise much-needed funds for The Samaritans.

The Samaritans are a UK-based charity who offer twenty-four-hour availability and support to people who are going through a period of crisis and who may have suicidal feelings.

They are part of a worldwide organisation called Befrienders International.

I'm hoping to run the Marathon in four hours. In those four hours, The Samaritans will take around 2,200 calls from people who are in need of emotional support. The Samaritans will listen to them, giving them the time and space to say how they are really feeling.

I'm aiming to raise ?4,500, but hoping that the total will be much higher.

All sponsors will be entered into a draw to win the drumkit which I used on various tracks on OK Computer, including Exit Music and Paranoid Android. The kit is a five-piece cherry-red Premier XPK, complete with cymbal stands and a bass-drum pedal.

The ride and crash cymbals and hi-hats are made by Zildjian, and were also used in the OK Computer sessions.

To make a donation please use the link below where you can choose the amount to sponsor me.
http://www.waste.uk.com/SponsorPhil/index.html

Please be sure to give us your full name to add to a visitors book. We will then use this to pick the drumkit winner.

Thank you for your time and support.

With blisters on my feet,

Philip

I was checking this out the other day and they already have well over 10,000 pounds. Pretty cool.

Hi by the way
smile.gif

------------------
*I am a cowgirl of funk*

Back
Top Bottom