Peep-o-Day, New Zealand Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
well, most of what I said, I believe, but I diidn't explain well, and I don't think I really can, but I'll try.

What I mean is this: A fast song can have all the depth and meaning in the world in its lyrics, but the music i truly love generally is laid back, and doesn't let speed or music get in the way of the message it is trying to get across. ......does that make a little more sense? I'm trying really hard here guys. I've lost track of how much I've had to drink.

Shangri-la kicks ass btw mel.

Makes sense to me. I love folky songs as much as anything. It really depends on whether the melody gets me. Live, I'd always take the kick in the stomach. But I like a guitar and voice as much as a full band when I'm just listening at home. I saved a bunch of songs from your DI, mostly quiet songs. :up:

:shrug:

The gas bills, water rates, payments on your car
Too scared to think about how insecure you are
Life ain't so happy in your little shangri-laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Oh shangri-la, la la la la la la la la la la la

haley_and_taylor.sized.jpg

Makes sense to me. I love folky songs as much as anything. It really depends on whether the melody gets me. Live, I'd always take the kick in the stomach. But I like a guitar and voice as much as a full band when I'm just listening at home. I saved a bunch of songs from your DI, mostly quiet songs. :up:

:shrug:

The gas bills, water rates, payments on your car
Too scared to think about how insecure you are
Life ain't so happy in your little shangri-laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Oh shangri-la, la la la la la la la la la la la

Hardy, you are so fucking awesome for understanding :lol:

I'll have to listen to Shangri-la again when I'm done, for sure.

Hardy, you are so fucking awesome for understanding :lol:

I'll have to listen to Shangri-la again when I'm done, for sure.

Cool.

Now I'm singing Young and Innocent Days to myself :D Like the harpsichord in that one.

She Bought a Hat Like Princess Marina :up:

This album brought Ray a shitload of heat from the British gov

That's the one...

I don't want to sound invasive, but did you get it from a second hand bookstore in Hindley Street this year? 'Cause if so, it's the copy that I wanted to buy, but I held off on it, and then one day I went in and it wasn't there. Then I realised that I probably didn't need it anyway.

Of course, you probably didn't and I might be going CRAHHHZZZHHHY.

Happy New Year to all you fine people!

jeebus christ, i cant believe how old we are. we're soooooo old. it's depressing. anyway, listen to your favorite song if you can.

I don't want to sound invasive, but did you get it from a second hand bookstore in Hindley Street this year? 'Cause if so, it's the copy that I wanted to buy, but I held off on it, and then one day I went in and it wasn't there. Then I realised that I probably didn't need it anyway.

Seriously, that might possibly be the coolest coincidence, EVER

jeebus christ, i cant believe how old we are. we're soooooo old. it's depressing. anyway, listen to your favorite song if you can.

Thanks to you Our life Is not a Movie or Maybe was probably my favorite song that I was introduced to in '08, so I ended the year that way. Started '09 with TUF. So far the year's been great :lol: How are you?

Sorry to disappoint Bono 212 and to send you over the edge, but no. :D I bought my copy from Godknowswhere Bookshop (prob Dymocks) when it came out.

Really? God, I wish I had more time. I wish I could listen to all these albums I should listen to 11 bajillion times.

I'm guessing your listening to Arthur.

And I've said this before, but you may have not been here. I'm impressed with everyone here even trying to catch up on the past. There's so much and really so little time. When I was listening to these the last 35 years of music didn't exist. Was a little easier. And of course, it was the music I grew up on. So while I try and find stuff from the last 10-15 years because I was outta touch, you guys are spending time brushing up on what is becoming ancient history :D

Mel, I actually really like Young and Innocent Days :lol:

Me too. I'd like it a lot more if Village Green weren't loaded with those kinds of songs, but yeah, it's pretty great on this album.

So, what did you think of the album overall? I'd give it an 8.5/10. Really fantastic concept, with a ton of palpable anger. Great musical pastiches of war time music as well.

Yeah, I'm like a hundred this year. It sucks. What's your favourite song, GAF? Mine is Say You'll Be There by the Spice Girls, or maybe I Live For You by Chyna Phillips.

Nah, I'm shittin' ya. It's actually Apple Eyes by Swoop.

I'm guessing your listening to Arthur.

And I've said this before, but you may have not been here. I'm impressed with everyone here even trying to catch up on the past. There's so much and really so little time. When I was listening to these the last 35 years of music didn't exist. Was a little easier. And of course, it was the music I grew up on. So while I try and find stuff from the last 10-15 years because I was outta touch, you guys are spending time brushing up on what is becoming ancient history :D

What do you think of the Small Faces? I'm learning bits and pieces about them, particularly since Ian McLagan is now playing in Billy Bragg's band :wink:

Me too. I'd like it a lot more if Village Green weren't loaded with those kinds of songs, but yeah, it's pretty great on this album.

So, what did you think of the album overall? I'd give it an 8.5/10. Really fantastic concept, with a ton of palpable anger. Great musical pastiches of war time music as well.

Lots of true Davies family angles mixed into the story. He alluded to a lot at his storyteller shows. Arthur is his brother in law. Married one of Ray's 5 older sisters. They emigrated to Australia. Ray's dad wouldn't go. :)

What do you think of the Small Faces? I'm learning bits and pieces about them, particularly since Ian McLagan is now playing in Billy Bragg's band :wink:

Ogdens' Nut Gone Flake is all I know, but it's a psychedelic masterpiece in my book. Afterglow (Of Your Love) is stunning.

Lots of true Davies family angles mixed into the story. He alluded to a lot at his storyteller shows. Arthur is his brother in law. Married one of Ray's 5 older sisters. They emigrated to Australia. Ray's dad wouldn't go. :)

I figured as much. He seemed to have an intimate knowledge of Australia. :wink:

Thanks to you Our life Is not a Movie or Maybe was probably my favorite song that I was introduced to in '08, so I ended the year that way. Started '09 with TUF. So far the year's been great :lol: How are you?

OUr LIfe Is Not A Movie...that song OWNS. great song. great choice. 2009 is beautiful, it looks remarkably similar to 2008 but i like it. im really pretty drunk and im listening to whatever randomly pops up on my itunes

Yeah, I'm like a hundred this year. It sucks. What's your favourite song, GAF? Mine is Say You'll Be There by the Spice Girls, or maybe I Live For You by Chyna Phillips.

Nah, I'm shittin' ya. It's actually Apple Eyes by Swoop.

My favorite song? I dont know. I think I'll write it right now. Im fuckin around with a little C major, A minor, G progression and the lyrics willl say somethin about the superthread. i might need some help with that actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom