pecan pie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shrmn8rpoptart

War Child
okay, so thanksgiving is tomorrow, and the only thing that i can really make is pecan pie. and when i do, it is soo good:drool: but this time i got the cheap walmart brand light syrup, and there is no recipe on the bottle! i am screwed because that is the only recipe i use and it is always soooo good:drool:

so, my question is, does anyone out there have a bottle of kayro brand light corn syrup with the pecan pie recipe on the back? i could really use the help.

thanks guys!:drool:

Here you go :wink:

Classic Pecan Pie

Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 55 minutes
Yield: 8 servings

* 3 eggs, slightly beaten
* 1 cup sugar
* 1 cup Karo® Light or Dark Corn Syrup
* 2 tablespoons margarine or butter, melted
* 1 teaspoon vanilla
* 1 1/4 cups pecans
* 1 (9-inch) unbaked or frozen deep-dish pie crust

1. Preheat oven to 350°F.

2. In medium bowl with fork beat eggs slightly. Add sugar, Karo®, margarine and vanilla; stir until blended. Stir in pecans. Pour into pie crust.

3. Bake 50 to 55 minutes or until knife inserted halfway between center and edge comes out clean. Cool on wire rack.

Oh, I love pecan pie. The recipe I use (from one of my mom's old cookbooks) calls for a quarter cup of maple syrup in there too. Gives it a little different (but wonderful) taste.

Bono's American Wife said:
Here you go :wink:

Classic Pecan Pie

Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 55 minutes
Yield: 8 servings

* 3 eggs, slightly beaten
* 1 cup sugar
* 1 cup Karo® Light or Dark Corn Syrup
* 2 tablespoons margarine or butter, melted
* 1 teaspoon vanilla
* 1 1/4 cups pecans
* 1 (9-inch) unbaked or frozen deep-dish pie crust

1. Preheat oven to 350°F.

2. In medium bowl with fork beat eggs slightly. Add sugar, Karo®, margarine and vanilla; stir until blended. Stir in pecans. Pour into pie crust.

3. Bake 50 to 55 minutes or until knife inserted halfway between center and edge comes out clean. Cool on wire rack.

BAW rules the kitchen and my waistline....:heart:

Does anyone know how to make pecan rolls?

I don't like pecan pie because I don't like the filling (too sweet, too mushy), but I've had the greatest pecan rolls every time I've been to Georgia.

indra said:
Oh, I love pecan pie. The recipe I use (from one of my mom's old cookbooks) calls for a quarter cup of maple syrup in there too. Gives it a little different (but wonderful) taste.

oh man that sounds good too...trying to imagine how it tastes with maple syrup :drool:

and bono's american wife, just pulled it out of the oven...GOOD STUFF!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom