Pearl Jam - Sydney tonight.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Earnie Shavers

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Pearl Jam are playing at the SuperDome in Sydney tonight, right next door to the stadium U2 are in over the weekend (apparently the stage is already all set up out there). U2 arrive in Sydney today (or have already) - anyone going to PJ? You might get quite lucky... unfortunately no crossover works in reverse. This is the only night on their respective tours that has both bands in the same city.

I went to Pearl Jam last night - Telstra stadium looked empty but outside they had cornered off a section and a few tents were already set up :) Even after the high of a bloody good pearl jam show - I couldn't help but say - see you on Friday night stadium!!! :)

I've just got back from the Wednesday Sydney Pearl Jam show. A huge couple of days given I was in Brisbane last night for U2. Reckon I was the only one there with a Vertigo 06 t-shirt on!

No sign of Bono. BUT! Pearl Jam sang the opening few verses of A Sort Of Homecoming before one of their songs (can't remember which) and Eddie Vedder did mention there's a been few bands in Sydney lately and at the moment but didn't mention U2 by name.

Set 1 Do The Evolution, Hail Hail, Life Wasted, World Wide Suicide, Corduroy, Unemployable, Dissident, (A Sort Of Homecoming)/Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town, Even Flow, Army Reserve, Sad, Whipping, Not For You/(Modern Girl), Present Tense, Down, Comatose, Porch
Encore 1 Low Light, Come Back, Daughter/(My Own Two Hands), Alive
Encore 2 Blood/(Atomic Dog), Baba O'Riley, Indifference

yup...before elderly woman once again... i may have to download this one

Eddie just announced that the band will try to play all the songs they had played on tour through their 3 shows in Melbourne.

Lucky Australians!
History repeats itself - does anyone remember the spectacular 3 Boston concerts?

djerdap said:
Eddie just announced that the band will try to play all the songs they had played on tour through their 3 shows in Melbourne.

Lucky Australians!
History repeats itself - does anyone remember the spectacular 3 Boston concerts?
I attended all 3 of the Boston (Mansfield) 2003 shows.
Twas quite good, to say the least.

Hewson said:
I attended all 3 of the Boston (Mansfield) 2003 shows.
Twas quite good, to say the least.

Lucky bastard. :wink:

I was rather amazed when my youngest son bought tickets to see Pearl Jam. He and his girlfriend and two best school mates are seeing them in Brisbane tonight. They bought the PJ tickets before they knew about Gigantour. My son absolutely loves Dave Mustaine from Metallica/Megadeth. He saw Megadeth a couple of weeks ago at the Botanic Riverstage in Brisbane. Best night of his life...so far
(he's only 17)
So it's good to hear the hardcore PJ fans say that they are in top form.

My best friend is seeing U2 in Sydney tonight. I couldn't get a ticket to go with her :( n/m I'll alaways have the versace and Melbourne Cup day :)
Everybody is having a good time
:dance:

Headache in a Suitcase said:
Set 1 Do The Evolution, Hail Hail, Life Wasted, World Wide Suicide, Corduroy, Unemployable, Dissident, (A Sort Of Homecoming)/Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town, Even Flow, Army Reserve, Sad, Whipping, Not For You/(Modern Girl), Present Tense, Down, Comatose, Porch
Encore 1 Low Light, Come Back, Daughter/(My Own Two Hands), Alive
Encore 2 Blood/(Atomic Dog), Baba O'Riley, Indifference

yup...before elderly woman once again... i may have to download this one

Great set. :yes:

Back
Top Bottom