Pearl Jam Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I hear the 2010 Holiday Singles are finally being sent out. Never mind that it's almost 2012...
The two tracks are two live tracks from their concert at Red Rocks, in 1995. Did it really have to take 9 months to pick two tracks that are more than 15 years old? :huh:

True, but those two tracks - the unreleased Falling Down and the "New Jeremy" version they played in 1995 (and one time in 1996) in great quality make this a very interesting single in my eyes.

. Dave Abbruzzese was fired in 1994 after Vitalogy was finished being recorded.(It's believed he was fired due to him disagreeing with the Ticketmaster boycott.) .
Ticketmaster didn't have much to do with it.
Its believed (and fairly well documented) that he was fired because he and EdVed didn't see eye to eye and during the Vitalogy period Ed essentially wrested control of the band from Stone. So Ed (and to some extent Jeff)wanted Dave gone, and enlisted Stone to deliver the news. Basically Dave liked the idea of being a rock star and Ed wanted to pull back at the time. There's some documentation (though not much they keep it pretty hush hush) in the PJ20 book and in Mark Yarm's book "Everybody Loves Our Town: An Oral History of Grunge".
Supposedly Dave accidentally breaking a guitar of Ed's was the last straw.

It also had a lot do to with politics. Weapons, pro-life/pro-choice and the Tickemaster thing as well. It was definitely four against one as far as these matters were concerned. Glorified G, a song I consider to be one of their worst, is essentially about Abbruzzesse buying two guns and boasting about them, which sickened Eddie to the extent that he had to write a shitty song about it.

Ticketmaster didn't have much to do with it.
Its believed (and fairly well documented) that he was fired because he and EdVed didn't see eye to eye and during the Vitalogy period Ed essentially wrested control of the band from Stone. So Ed (and to some extent Jeff)wanted Dave gone, and enlisted Stone to deliver the news. Basically Dave liked the idea of being a rock star and Ed wanted to pull back at the time. There's some documentation (though not much they keep it pretty hush hush) in the PJ20 book and in Mark Yarm's book "Everybody Loves Our Town: An Oral History of Grunge".
Supposedly Dave accidentally breaking a guitar of Ed's was the last straw.

Thanks for the further clarification. I would disagree though that Ticketmaster didn't have much to do with it. I believe it was a major element of his firing but not the sole reason.

Watched the big PJ20 movie On Demand last night. Very enjoyable. Could have gotten a little more info out if Ed, but not surprised that he was the quietest of them all. I think we got more information out if chris cornell then we do out of eddie.

They did touch a lot on the Nassau coliseum show, and actually turned the volume on the boos and taunts UP, as opposed to how they appear on the soundtrack.

They also showed video from roskilde, which surprised me. I knew they'd have to touch in it, but I didn't think they'd show video of eddie kneeling at the foot if the stage in shock.

Watched the big PJ20 movie On Demand last night. Very enjoyable. Could have gotten a little more info out if Ed, but not surprised that he was the quietest of them all. I think we got more information out if chris cornell then we do out of eddie.

They did touch a lot on the Nassau coliseum show, and actually turned the volume on the boos and taunts UP, as opposed to how they appear on the soundtrack.

They also showed video from roskilde, which surprised me. I knew they'd have to touch in it, but I didn't think they'd show video of eddie kneeling at the foot if the stage in shock.

Yeah, I caught it at the Brattle Theater, was surprised at how much Cornell was in the early part of it. I'd have like to have heard a little more from Mike as well, he seemed to have some good info but in very short bursts.
The Singles party stuff was hilarious, when Ed says "You have footage of that? I'm not watching that" and then "I was wondering why the lights kept getting brighter".

Hopefull DVD will have some good extras.

How fucking good is Leash?

Not that good really. It was always too corny and on-the-nose for my tastes, apart from the "I'm lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side" line which sums up Pearl Jam pretty nicely.

Finally watched the documentary and loved it. I knew the story of Andy Wood and all that, but had never really put a face or an image to the name, so that footage and those stories were pretty cool.

It's impossible to cram 20 years of history into two hours, so I won't even bring up some of the stuff that they left out that I felt they could have touched on. Cameron Crowe did a damn good job. And the whole thing looked beautiful.

Definitely better than From The Sky Down, too.

Actually, they played it in Canberra in 1995 the last time. March 14th.

from a pearl jam forum member, a review of Faithfull Ale

This is not the typical Dogfish Head beer. It is much more accessible to someone who does not drink a lot of craft beer. At 20 IBUs and 7% alcohol, it tastes light and crisp compared to other Dogfish Head beers too. It reminds me of their Red and White beer, but with less alcohol and more of a beer taste, than a wine taste. It is a Belgian beer, but it unlike most Belgians that I have had because of the "winey" taste.

I was happy with this beer and would love to be able to find a few bottles of it (I probably would have wanted one for the label alone). I think beer enthusiasts will be happy that the currants are noticeably there, but not overpowering at all. People who usually stick to the main beer companies will probably like this as well. It will be obvious to them that the alcohol content is higher, but the beer is not overwhelming at only 7%.

This was a very accessible beer and one that Dogfish did a really good job on. It is not one of my favorite beers (or even Dogfish for that matter) only because I am a hophead and a fan of the higher alcohol content brews. I will give this beer a B+/A- and suggest you find a bottle.

he tried it at a dogfish event here in NYC last night. pissed that i missed it, but i am heading down there this weekend to see if they have any bottles left. will be a matter of time until the bottles start hitting shelves.

Faithfull_bottling_2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom