pearl jam - i am mine.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2Man said:
zottles babble some pearl jam :drool:

just for me :flirt:

how awesome is black live? :drool:

any other answer than 'infinitely' is a false answer.

headache, post your top ten pearl jam songs...please. :drool:

just curious.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
no code

do not start with Ten... you know half the songs as it is, anyway.

:grumpy:

I used your strategy on somebody here and it didn't work. No Code ended up being too much of a shock to start with. He then went ahead and bought Ten and now cannot get enough of it! Some day (hopefully) he'll dust off his copy of No Code and realize it's brilliance.

I think it really depends on your own personal musical taste. Ten has the big songs, grunge going on arena friendly classic rock. No Code is completely different, experimental, eastern influenced, atmospheric, whatever you wanna call it. So I say start with whichever musical style you enjoy.

U2Man said:

:lol:

Black is indeed awesome. But it's been aaaages since I even listened to it!

Btw, babble you some PJ?? what do you want? :shifty:

U2Man said:

headache, post your top ten pearl jam songs...please. :drool:

just curious.

they change from day to day, but let me try and take a stab...

10. sometimes
9. hard to imagine
8. porch
7. not for you
6. i got shit
5. in my tree
4. do the evolution
3. footsteps
2. immortality
1. yellow ledbetter

ask me again tomorrow, i may give you a completely different list (in fact it changed twice after i first posted it)

Last edited:
U2Man said:
is the live at the garden dvd worth $15?

Yes. Best versions of In My Tree and Yellow Ledbetter I've heard.
It is not the best 2003 show there is, but among the better ones for sure.

And a beautiful version of I Am Mine is at that show as well (since that song is the title of this thread).

Zootlesque said:

:grumpy:

I used your strategy on somebody here and it didn't work. No Code ended up being too much of a shock to start with. He then went ahead and bought Ten and now cannot get enough of it! Some day (hopefully) he'll dust off his copy of No Code and realize it's brilliance.

sounds like me you're talking about there zootles.:wink:

do not start with Ten... you know half the songs as it is, anyway.

Of course the stuff that a newbie is unlikely to know from 10, stuff like Once, Why Go, Release, Deep, Porch, Garden are all awesome so 10 is actually a good start cause they'll be amazed at the quality of stuff beyond Alive, Evenflow, Jeremy and Black.

I remember buying the 10 cassette after having heard Alive and Evenflow on the radio for a few weeks, popping it to the cassette deck in the car (CD in the car was something only the Rockefellers and Flintstones had back around 1991) and as soon as Once kicked in I thought, "why aren't the morons who program radio playing this song instead of those", had the same thought about Why Go.

Last edited:

Its about as easy as a U2 top 10 list, but I too will give it a stab:

10. Sad
9. Insignificance
8. Brain of J
7. Comatose
6. Spin the Black Circle
5. Whipping
4. Tremor Christ
3. Once
2. Reaviewmirror
1. State of Love and Trust

There's so many left off that could be there.

djerdap said:

Yes. Best versions of In My Tree and Yellow Ledbetter I've heard.
It is not the best 2003 show there is, but among the better ones for sure.

And a beautiful version of I Am Mine is at that show as well (since that song is the title of this thread).

best version of ledbetter, imo, has to be from the first gorge show last year... yellow ledbetter morphs into little wing morphs into the star spangled banner :drool:

10. sometimes
9. hard to imagine
8. porch
7. not for you
6. i got shit
5. in my tree
4. do the evolution
3. footsteps
2. immortality
1. yellow ledbetter

ask me again tomorrow, i may give you a completely different list (in fact it changed twice after i first posted it)

headache, what's your top 10 pearl jam songs?

hey why is it that i seem to be able to get almost every single show p7 has played in glorius sound board quality when u2 hardly ever releases a single one? :huh:

because pearl jam bootlegs were a big item on e-bay and the like, where fans were spending 20+ bucks for inferior quality bootlegs... they figured they'd put the bootleggers out of business by offering soundboard quality recordings for cheaper than the bootleggers were offering their boots.

they've increased sound quality, for the most part, on every tour since they frist started doing it.

and i would have to imagine that u2 makes more money from ticket sales at each individual show than pearl jam does with ticket sales and bootleg sales combined.

To be honest I Am Mine is the only PJ I know. I'l be getting into them later in the summer though.

Zootlesque said:
Catch them live in summer like I did last year. :drool: :drool: :drool:

I'm still kicking myself for not seeing them when they came to Newfoundland.

Back
Top Bottom