Pearl Jam Announces 10 East Coast Dates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Re: i'll stop talking about boobs in this thread, promise

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
Does the fact that the wife has boobs mean nothing to you, Hewson? Take her. :hi5:
That would be the easy solution, and I'd be fine with it...one problem...she no likey the Pearl Jam. Doesn't like EV's voice. If it was U2 or just about any other band, she'd go in a heartbeat, as long as we had a rugrat sitter.

I could use a good lawyer with good boobs too. :D

I may try to convice her to go, if she acquiesces, its all good, if not maybe she'll tell me to just go (though 3 out of nights where she has to get the nocturnal toddler to sleep without any help will make her a bit grumpy :wink: ).

Mrs. Vedder said:
Does anyone who comes in here and posts at this time have jobs?!?! (whatever that means!)

yes, one with a computer.

i'm not trying to be an ass or something but you seem to be traveling all over the country here going to every possible show you can. which is cool and all, i wish i could do the same thing but i could never get that much time off... thus the job question.

Wow. How did I miss MSG tickets??? And why aren't they even showing up on the ticketmaster page for PJ? :confused:

Tampa tickets *does happy dance*:dancing:

I didn't even know they were touring :reject: until this morning when I saw Pop Artist's post about it in the concert calendar thread - about 10 minutes after the general sale started for Tampa tickets.

That was lucky :shifty:

Are they playing Tampa and bonnaroo the same day?

Last edited:
Headache in a Suitcase said:

yes, one with a computer.

i'm not trying to be an ass or something but you seem to be traveling all over the country here going to every possible show you can. which is cool and all, i wish i could do the same thing but i could never get that much time off... thus the job question.

Well, all you had to do was ask what I do for a living instead of assuming that I do not have a job.

I'm doing the Ed Vedder shows because they are in California -- where I live. I'm only doing weekend shows with the exception of Berkley b/c I live close to it (2 hrs).

As far as the summer shows, well, I have SUMMERS OFF. I'm a High School Counselor - I get SUMMERS OFF as well as Spring Break and Winter Break + Holidays (all paid of course). I get a full pay check for the summer too as if I were working!!!

I'm drained with work all through the school year but it's worth it to have my summers off and do what I do best which is TRAVEL (whether PJ is touring or not).

Last edited:
Mrs. Vedder said:

Well, all you had to do was ask what I do for a living instead of assuming that I do not have a job.

I'm doing the Ed Vedder shows because they are in California -- where I live. I'm only doing weekend shows with the exception of Berkley b/c I live close to it (2 hrs).

As far as the summer shows, well, I have SUMMERS OFF. I'm a High School Counselor - I get SUMMERS OFF as well as Spring Break and Winter Break + Holidays (all paid of course). I get a full pay check for the summer too as if I were working!!!

I'm drained with work all through the school year but it's worth it to have my summers off and do what I do best which is TRAVEL (whether PJ is touring or not).

don't you have, oh i don't know, a job?

i didn't ASSUME you had no job. I, too, have SUMMERS OFF but I choose to work through them, as most people in EDUCATION around these parts do because it doesn't exactly PAY WELL.

I was merely ASKING A QUESTION 'cause it seemed STRANGE that you had SO MUCH TIME OFF in JUNE seeing as most schools around where i'm from are in session UNTIL THE END OF JUNE which would run through MANY OF THE CONCERTS. Perhaps I forget to put the obligatory GREEN WINKY GUY so that you knew i wasn't trying to be CONDESCENDING.

so here ya go :wink:

Well, things are different in each state. I go back to work in early August. I also teach a 0 period through the community college through the school year. Plus extra pay in the summer for SB13 etc, I don't see the need to work for 1.5 months. But that is my choice bc I need time off.

I really don't care how many concerts people go to. I just don't care. I say more power to you!!

i didn't ASSUME you had no job. I, too, have SUMMERS OFF but I choose to work through them, as most people in EDUCATION around these parts do because it doesn't exactly PAY WELL.

I was merely ASKING A QUESTION 'cause it seemed STRANGE that you had SO MUCH TIME OFF in JUNE seeing as most schools around where i'm from are in session UNTIL THE END OF JUNE which would run through MANY OF THE CONCERTS. Perhaps I forget to put the obligatory GREEN WINKY GUY so that you knew i wasn't trying to be CONDESCENDING.

so here ya go :wink:

Just got a ticket at MSG but it's in the 200 level directly across the stage. It seemed like absolutely NO GA tix were even available. I guess if you don't get it in the pre-sale or whatever, you've pretty much missed your chance at GA.

:crazy:

Zootlesque said:
Just got a ticket at MSG but it's in the 200 level directly across the stage. It seemed like absolutely NO GA tix were even available. I guess if you don't get it in the pre-sale or whatever, you've pretty much missed your chance at GA.

:crazy:

Pearl Jam doesn't do GA to begin with. Also Ten Club members, at least in previous years, take up about 50% of all the tickets at MSG so if you aren't in the Ten Club then you will not be on floor or in fabulous seats - period.

That said...seems like things were a little better for us non-Ten Club MSG'ers this time around. Seems like some of us got lowers in the double-digit and 100 sections. Those were absolutely impossible in previous years if you weren't Ten Club. 200s about halfway back were the best I could ever hope for prevously, so you did OK.

This time I actually did get a lower - Sec 36, Row E, which is probably the best Pearl Jam ticket I've ever had.

Last edited:
In my repeated tries, I actually got behind the stage seats in Section 67 or whatever, very close to the band... but gave them up because the one time I was behind the stage (for U2) it was good but still didn't seem to compare to front of stage. My options were either front of stage but miles away or directly behind stage. And I was there at 9:59 AM to get tix. :|

Pop Artist said:

Pearl Jam doesn't do GA to begin with. Also Ten Club members, at least in previous years, take up about 50% of all the tickets at MSG so if you aren't in the Ten Club then you will not be on floor or in fabulous seats - period.

That said...seems like things were a little better for us non-Ten Club MSG'ers this time around. Seems like some of us got lowers in the double-digit and 100 sections. Those were absolutely impossible in previous years if you weren't Ten Club. 200s about halfway back were the best I could ever hope for prevously, so you did OK.

This time I actually did get a lower - Sec 36, Row E, which is probably the best Pearl Jam ticket I've ever had.

yeah they do. theyve done GA most of the time.

i have to look @ tickets on ebay or from a scalper now, because unfortunately i was in school when they went on sale.

EdgeIsTooSexy said:

i have to look @ tickets on ebay or from a scalper now, because unfortunately i was in school when they went on sale.

In EUrope and festivals perhaps, but not here at the usual venues and not in a looooong time, if ever, at MSG.

EdgeIsTooSexy said:

They haven't done GA in North America with few exceptions since the mid 90's.
2006 tour they did 3 GA shows in SF, but otherwise all the North American shows from 98 on have basically been assigned seats with exception of special club shows (Irving Plaza Avocado release show, Vic Theater last year) and Lollapalooza last year, and they took a long break from Europe and Festivals where GA is the rule after the Roskilde incident.

The last tour in the US to feature a lot of GA venues was 1996 when they tried to tour non Ticketmaster venues and played dumps like Randall's Island.

It is the "We are doing the roo so we might as well do a tour" tour.

The last time I saw PJ was in the early 90s; they opened for the Pumpkins and Chili Peppers.

When they headline roo, it will likely be Saturday night. It will be a long and interesting night for me, because I want to see the PJ but I realize that MMJ will follow them for a midnight set. What a night: PJ opening for MMJ.

yeah i really wanted to see them with the kings of leon!

but im just going to wait to become a 10C member and then go to the next tour

:(

:heart: PJ

have fun!!!!!!!!!

First show is tonight!!

Here's some good news:

Pearl Jam will expand their bootleg program for the upcoming 2008 tour to include three different options for fans seeking to obtain bootleg recordings of the live shows. High-quality digital downloads and burn-to-order CDs of the entire show will be available following each show date exclusively via the Ten Club, at Pearl Jam Ten Club: pearljam.com tenclub.net. In addition, mobile bootlegs of three live tracks per show will be released following the show on V CAST Music phones and at PEARLJAM SUMMER 2008 TOUR - Verizon through Verizon Wireless.

”Pearl Jam continues to explore new and innovative ways to get their music to their fans,” said Ten Club Manager Tim Bierman. ”As we have learned from our younger fans, more and more listeners are accessing their music through their mobile phones.” Continued Bierman, ”Since Verizon Wireless and V CAST are at the forefront of that technology, this collaboration makes perfect sense to us. With our proven track record of delivering high quality bootleg downloads and CDs, we feel this new approach will not only benefit our fans, but provide an exciting opportunity to share Pearl Jam’s music in a more interactive setting.”

Digital Bootleg Downloads
Full concert digital downloads will be available exclusively at Pearl Jam Ten Club: pearljam.com tenclub.net. Digital downloads of full Pearl Jam shows will be available for download two weeks after each concert in mp3 and FLAC formats. The price for the digital bootlegs will be $9.99 (mp3) and $14.99 (FLAC) per show.

Powered by Internap (INAP), the digital bootlegs are high-resolution digital files released without DRM (Digital Rights Management) so that fans can burn them to disc, transfer to them to MP3 players, or play them from their hard drives.

Made-to-order Bootleg CDs
In addition to digital bootlegs, Pearl Jam is launching a new physical CD program for this tour. CDs will be manufactured according to customer demand and will ship within three weeks of each show date. CDs will be made-to-order using recycled material. The price for hard copy bootlegs is $16.99/show and will be available exclusively through Pearl Jam Ten Club: pearljam.com tenclub.net.

Mobile Bootlegs
By request from fans who are increasingly accessing their music via their mobile phones, Pearl Jam will debut mobile bootlegs as part of the 2008 US Tour. Each stop of the tour, Pearl Jam will provide three (3) stand-out tracks per concert mixed in real-time and released via Verizon Wireless’ V CAST Music service or PEARLJAM SUMMER 2008 TOUR - Verizon. Following each show, Verizon Wireless will offer fans one (1) full-length track as a free mobile bootlegs download with two (2) additional tracks available for purchase. All three tracks will also be available for purchase as ringtones and ringback tones.

All of Pearl Jam’s bootlegs recordings will be professionally mixed in real-time at each show to create the mobile bootlegs. Pearl Jam’s recording engineer will mix the recordings on the Verizon Mobile Recording Studio Bus.

Both the mobile and new burn-to-order CD options are an extension of Pearl Jam’s official bootleg CD program, which was initially launched on the band’s 2000 world tour in an effort to provide fans with high-quality, affordable bootlegs of their lives shows. Since the program’s inception, over 3.5 million bootlegs have been sold.

Back
Top Bottom