Pavement

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mug222

War Child
I can be sure we've got some Pavement fans here, right? They were, after all, the most consistently terrific band of the '90s.

Anyway I used to be confident that Crooked Rain, Crooked Rain was their best, but recently I've fallen in love with Wowee Zowee and especially Terror Twilight, which I now see was completely unfairly derided for its big-league sound quality (Godrich produced.)

In fact, I am now convinced that Terror Twilight is the second best album of the second half of the 90s--that's right, even better than OK Computer (and bested only by Wilco's Summerteeth).

OK, let's hear your favorite Pavement albums/songs! It's a Pavement lovefest! :yes:

(In the event that there are some lucky souls out there who have yet to hear the genius of Stephen Malkmus and Pavement, download in order: Carrot Rope, Range Life, Father to a Sister of a Thought, Major Leagues, Cut Your Hair (the semi-hit), Spit on a Stranger, and Black Out. By then you should be completely enamoured :) )

I do like Terror at Twighlight, but I still prefer Slanted & Enchanted. Fav songs: Summer Babe, Trigger Cut, Zurich is Stained, Spit on a Stranger.

I LOVE PAVEMENT!!

Just yesterday I was singing "Summer Babe" all day! LOL My fav are: Terror at Twighlight and Slanted & Enchanted!

My fav songs are: Summer Babe (winter version), You are a light, Trigger Cut/ Wounded-Kite at :17, Stop Breathin, and Best Friends Arm! (and others) :D

I wish I had seen them live! :(

Hey Salome, do you know The Mountain Goats? It's this one guy John Darnielle recording fantastic tunes with horrid production values...until now. He's about to release Tallahassee in a week or two, and it's his first with bearable production (he signed onto the 4AD label). Anyway I really recommend you check it out. I've got a leaked version and it's really quite remarkable.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom