Parkview Hotel RIP The Mirrorball Did It!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cass

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Just a little bit of news from my small corner....

If anyone read the "what were you doing in 1986" thread, I had a little bit of a whinge about being a 'rock n roll widow". About my hub being in a band, which leaves me feeling a bit like a single parent at times...anyway
Careful what you ask for, you just might get it.

The Parkview is our favourite local hotel/venue.The publican loves my old boy and would have his abnd there every week(not a good idea, so we do it once a month) Close to home, easy lug, friendly management, reasonably behaved crowd, all the things we prefer.
Some bright spark (CJ the DJ *puke*)decided to install a disco and in-house PA recently. I woke to the radio news this morning that the Parkview burnt to the ground at 3 am this morning:(

So there you go, what a shock!! That was one of our bread and butter gigs.......and personally I blame the MIRROR BALL!!

It felt like the end of an era was gradually happening...why i've been around so long sonny, I recall when it was the Freemason's Hotel and "The Zodiac Room" It's where I used to go and se Bourbon Street...aww it's sinking in, it's gone........

Back
Top Bottom